chapter twenty two

jhyzir omiri jacksontwo days later5:10pm

two days later
5:10pm

"aye mamas, I'm bout to head out with the guys ight." I said walking into the master bedroom where khamyri, milan & all four of the kids were watching some movie on tv.

"okay, be safe. i love you." khamyri leans up from the bed to give me a kiss, i peck her lips repeatedly.

I break the kiss before it got too heated.

"i will & i love you too. kids be good for y'all mommas, ight."

"yes, dada" they said in unison without tearing their eyes from the tv making me shake my head.

I say my goodbyes to milan & i leave out the house driving to the gun range to meet the guys for a little recreational fun.

- meanwhile -
third pov

the kids fell asleep while watching the third installment of the transformers, "oh my gosh they are knocked." milan lowly giggles softly nudging khamyri who also noticed.

"i told you" khamyri laughed under her breath, she slipped out of the bed and carefully picked up jrue and mari while milan grabbed the girls.

they each took the sets of kids to the kids rooms; yaya and jurnee slept in their room while mari and jrue slept in their shared room.

once they put the kids down for bed, the girls head to the kitchen to get another glass of wine. "so how long have you and jhy known each other?" milan questioned leaning against the counter while riri poured each glass carefully.

"we've always known each other, our fathers are best friends & joined the military together. his grandparents and my aunt lived in the same neighborhood, we used to play together as kids. he took my virginity at 15 years old and the next year we became inseparable until his dad died during combat when we were 16 going on 17. Everything in his life changed, he'd lost his dad & was becoming a father himself and we were naive as hell and thought things could or would work out but it didn't, i went to college he & his grandparents raised jhymari and i would come back for every break, birthday, holiday etc." khamyri admits.

"so you sacrificed being in your kids life to focus on yourself, damn. i wish i could've done that, my support system was trash. My mom kicked me out at fifteen, i was homeless up til i met jhy."

"how did y'all meet?"

"we met through tori & my cousin. it was supposed to be a set up for some revenge plot they had on him until i found out i was pregnant. I told him everything bout what they planned to do to him & i couldn't risk me nor my child's safety for something dumb. He helped me get on my feet and took care of us. I owe him my life."

"damn, I'm sorry to hear that. did they ever find out about yaya?"

"they know he has another daughter, but they don't know it's by me. I told them it was a random person that i knew and she didn't want to be named."

"smart, i see why jhyzir likes you so much."

"hm? oh, no..it's not like that. I would never disrespect you like that."

khamyri lightly chuckles, "it's alright, i was jealous of you guys spending time together at first but now i get it. i appreciate you for being there for him and our kids while i was away, I'd do the same if it were you, but remember jhymari, jurnee & jrue are mine. nothing nor no one will replace me as their mother." khamyri straight faced milan, closing the gap between the two women.

"i would never replace you, khamyri that isn't my intention, i actually like & respect you. A lot. More than jhyzir if that's possible." milan grins, caressing both sides of khamyri's face.

she closes the gap between them and their lips intertwine, khamyri hesitates before going in for the kiss. milan wraps her hand around khamyri's neck, small moans slip between her parted lips while Milan's tongue slides into riri's mouth.

Riri wraps her arms around Milan's waist, her hands gripping Milan's round ass. "dammit, you're so intoxicating." khamyri moans into the kiss.

"you are too." milan moans.

the front door opens causing both women to break apart they fix themselves just as jhyzir rounds the corner and stands in the doorframe of the kitchen.

a/n:

well well well 👀😮‍💨

khamyri & milan ? 🫠

let's talk about how they almost got caught wtf

did y'all see that coming ??

thoughts ?

05/14/2024