chapter sixteen

khamyri a'lesia koltonJune 15, 20232:17pm

June 15, 2023
2:17pm

"baby, why are we here?" i knit my brows at him, pushing jurnee's stroller so she would stop crying.

"this, right here is my new business endeavor. JT's Auto Repair, in honor of my uncle." A tight lip smile graced his face, he cleared his throat and turned his back to me.

I walk behind him wrapping my arms around his waist, "he would be so proud of you." i kiss his shoulder, laying my head on his back.

He wrapped one of his arms around me, moving me to his side. "yeah, i wish he was here with me. the kids would love him." jhyzir sighed, i look up at him standing on my tippy toes i plant a soft peck to his cheek.

"I am proud of you." i smile pulling back and his smile grew bigger.

"thank you, queen. for everything." he squeezes me tightly.

"you're welcome baby. you know i got you and the kids."

"how long will it take for the renovations?" i ask, looking around the abandoned garage.

"jasir's uncle owns his own construction business and already got a crew, i meet with him next week to go over everything. hopefully it should be done top of the year." I nod in understanding.

before he could say anything, his phone rung, he looked at the screen declining the call and slipped his phone back into his pocket.

"who calling us?"

"nobody important. let's get outta here so we can get ready." he says placing jrue in the stroller with jurnee.

"Mari, time for us to go." I call out to him, he comes around the corner running toward us.

We walk back to the car, jhyzir buckles mari into his car seat while i do the same with the twins.

"you better not touch that handle" he warned walking around to the passenger side.

"Ima be quiet." I mumble allowing him to open the door for me. He helps me into the car and closes the door before going to the drivers side.

He starts the car and backs out of the lot. OG by Dave East feat Rick Ross & The-Dream plays lowly throughout the car as we drive back to our house, a three story starter family home with 5 bed 5.5 bath and a yard big enough for our little family.

the song goes off and another comes on, jhyzir raps along to the song. I glanced at him, admiring his side profile.

how did i get so lucky? I thought to myself.