Part 3: "I have loved you for many years..."

A/N

Since it was a popular request, here is the third and final part. Believe it or not, this was going to be a story of its own but I decided not
to make it because I didn't think anybody would read it. This third part will be the final part to this story and then i'll get back to regular one shots so please under this story leave recommendations. Hope you all enjoy!!

_______________
Kiara's POV:

I walk back in the chateau from talking with JJ outside.

How could he say that. Just because he wanted to hook up with me?

I lay down on the couch but am not able to sleep. At all.

The next morning, I am the first one up which figures because I didn't get any sleep last night.

Pope is next, then John B, then JJ.

We are all sitting in the living room and the boys are talking and laughing with each other, but I am sitting on the couch in silence because I can't stop thinking about last night.

"Kie, you good?" John B says pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah. Yeah. I'm fine. Just a little hung over. Anyway, what were you talking about?"

"We were asking if you wanted to go out on the boat for a little while today?"

"Yeah, sure," I say looking at the other two boys, but not at JJ.

We get beers in the cooler and prepare the pouge, then we go out and find a good spot in the marsh to swim at.

I am sitting on the boat drinking a beer and all the boys are in the water swimming.

I feel the boat rock as someone is getting on it.

"Hey," I hear JJ say as he gets on the boat and grabs a beer.

"Hi," I say taking a drink.

"You okay?"

"Yep, never better," I say taking another swig.

"Okay," JJ says sitting down, opening his beer.

After a few minutes of awkward silences, Pope and John B get back on the boat and we go back to the chateau.

I am the first one off of the boat.

"I'm gonna go to bed guys. Pope, do you mind if I take the guest room tonight?"

"Not at all. Go for it," Pope reply's back, smiling at me.

"Thanks," I say going into that chateau.

A few hours go by of me in the guest room, laying down but not being able to sleep. I hear the door open and turn around to see JJ quietly closing the door and walking over to sit down at the foot of the bed.

"Hey," he says.

"Hi," I say sitting up and looking at him.

"Kiara, what is wrong? You've been weird all day."

"Nothing is wrong. I'm fine, JJ."

"No, you're not. You're my best friend, Kiara and I've known you for years. I can tell when you're lying."

I look at him and sigh.

"Fine," I say staring him down,"Did you really mean it when you said that you only told me you liked me to get me to hook up with you?"

He looks at me, a little shocked.

"Kie," he says trying to find the words to finish his sentence.

I keep looking at him.

He makes eye contact with me and sighs.

"No," he says, looking almost defeated.

"I said that because I didn't want things to be weird between us and I thought that if I said that, then it would fix things, but clearly it didn't."

"JJ, I only rejected you because you were drunk. The truth is that I like you too. As way more than a friend."

He looks at me wide eyed and shocked but still happy.

"Really," he says excitedly.

"Yeah, really."

Just then, I feel his hands cup my face and our lips meet.

After a few seconds, he pulls away.

I look at him and smile.

"Maybe talking about your feelings every once in a while isn't that bad," he says as his forehead rests on mine.

"Maybe so," I say smiling and kissing him again.

We spend the rest of the night cuddled up.

This is the boy that I love. JJ Maybank. My JJ Maybank.