"I have loved you for many years, but maybe i am just not enough."

Hey everyone. I am going to be getting back on my grind with this story and officially starting my OBX 4 one so stay tuned for that! Some updates will be posted this weekend on both stories. This one and Outer Banks Season 4. On another note, I start summer break in about 2 and a half weeks so I'll definitely be posting a lot more then. Big things coming soon! Besides the point, this story is basically going to be placed before season 1 when JJ "try's" the door and apparently it's locked. Hope you enjoy!
___________________________
JJ's POV:

Me and my friends, Pope, Kiara, and Shit Bird a.k.a, John B, all decided to go to a party tonight.

Why we decided to come to some kook's party at the boneyard on a Saturday night when we could be having our own party, I have no clue, but we did.

We have been here for a decent amount of time now, maybe 45 minutes, and we, and by we I mean mostly me, are already wasted.

"Come on, Popey. Get a drink, loosen up a little," I said while, very clearly may I add, slurring my words and throwing my arm over his shoulder.

"Okay, first of all, never, ever, call me that again," he says removing my arm from his shoulder. "And second of all, I can't. I have to be the DD tonight. I mean, you and John B are already shit faced, and Kiara," he says looking over at our best friend, who was currently having a shot gun contest with some dude twice the size of her,"Well, that's pretty self explanatory."

Just about the same time I was about to reply, Kiara came up beside me.

"JJ, do you have a blunt on you?"

"Yes ma'am," I said looking at her and pulling the rolled blunt out of my pocket.

"Okay, you're coming with me. Bye, Pope," she said in a cheerful tone as she dragged me down the beach to where no one could see us.

We sat down on the sand and I pulled out my zippo that she got me for Christmas last year that had JJ I graced in the side of it.

I lit the blunt and let her have the first puff.

"Ladies first," I said handing it to her.

"Oh, well in that case, you should take the first hit." She nudged my shoulder.

See, the thing about Kiara, or Kie, as we normally refer to her as, is she is the only girl in our group. Me and her have always had a little bit of a more flirty friendship, but so have her and the other guys, so I never really thought anything of it.

Until I did.

One day, we were surfing on the beach, all 4 of us, and I caught a glimpse of her in the sunlight. Beautiful curls, big brown eyes, but most importantly, her smile. God, she has the most beautiful smile.

That day, I realized that I felt something more than friendly towards her. But it didn't just start that day.

I quickly realized that I had felt this way about her for years.

Tonight, it is perfect. Sitting here, in a peaceful silence, with the most important and beautiful girl in my life, smoking and listening to the waves. Watching the moon fall slowly as the morning approaches faster.

I don't know if it was the weed or beer talking, but whatever it was, it was strong and I couldn't fight the urge anymore.

"Kiara?" I say.

"Hm?" She hums while taking another hit of the blunt.

"I like you, like as more than a friend."

She looked at me and started laughing.

"Oh, great one, JJ. Real funny," she says patting me on the shoulder and still laughing.

I look at her.

She looks at me and realizes that I'm in fact not joking and being dead ass.

"Oh. Oh shit. You're serious." She says, as she looks at me surprised.

"Yeah, I am. Look, I just wanted to tell you. I am probably, no, definitely going to regret this when I'm sober but who cares."

"Look JJ. You're a great guy, but I just don't feel that way about you. You are my best friend. Almost like a brother. I can't do that. Not even if I wanted to. I'm sorry." She says, clearly trying to keep my feelings from getting hurt.

"No, it's okay." I said trying to hide the fact that I was, in fact, very upset.

She was about to say something when we heard John B calling our names.

She got up and helped me up.

"We should go," she said looking at me.

"You go. I'll catch up with you guys later."

She left and I was standing all alone, on the beach, wondering why I had just done that to myself, and why she couldn't love me back.

_________________
A/N:
Hey! Sorry I didn't post this last night. I was working on it and almost finished but I fell asleep. Let me know what you think. Also, give me some ideas on what else to write in this book and the obx 4 one love y'all. Have a blessed night.