ishq e aam|16

Usama was all stiff, hiding away his guitar and diary

In the middle of the night, he exits the mansion and Maheer follows him. Through winding alleyways and deserted streets, they walked in silence, the night air heavy with the weight of unspoken words. And then in the darkness, they arrived at their destination—an orphanage adjacent to the mosque. Usama's presence seemed to illuminate the dimly lit courtyard, his gentle smile a balm to the weary souls that gathered around him. As the orphans clamored for his attention, their eyes alight with curiosity and longing, Usama's heart swelled with a sense of purpose. With a tender gesture, he gathered them close, his voice a melody that soared through the night, carrying with it the echoes of his pain and longing.

Maheer listened, her heart breaking with each note that escaped his lips, the raw emotion woven into every word to the dept. It was then that she realized why he was so silent.

It was because of her father that he was forced to marry her. He slept there on the masjid ground, and Maheer stood outside shivering in the night air when a maulvi found her, "Beta andar aajaye aise akele bahar theek nahi hai."

"Mai jaarahi thi.."

"Khaana khaakar jayega, bacchon se mulaqat karke"

She nodded her head, feeling a little guilty as she carried no cash to donate. It was a stupid move on her part.

Entering the mosque, she saw how beautifully it was painted. Looking at her awed expression, he told her,  "Ek mahine baad aayega aur bhi khoobsurat hoga Allah ki karam se iss do aur manzil khadi karenge

She looked over and read the names of the building,'Khan Anwar' she sighed. Usama had literally made his parents afterlife with the sadqah. His love for his parents, it was incomparable.

What about his love for Mahjabeen?

He gave up singing for her, 'Music meri life hai, meri dhadkan hai'

She ruled over his heart.

"Maheer?"

Usama called her name. She was out without any coat in the cold morning.

She felt a little guilty, "Woh tum aise bahar aagaye isliye mai ghabra gayi"

He passed her his coat, and she wore it. The maulvi asked. "Aap dono ek dusre ko jaantey ho?"

Usama looked at her and back at the Maulvi, his eyes reading hers.

"Ji, meri biwi hain ye"

Maulvi turned to her, "Phir beta aise bolna tha na. Mubarak ho aap dono ko, Allah khush rakhey", he removed a note from his pocket, "Areey maulvi saheb rehne dijiye

"Aise kaise mere bete ho tum. Apna farz nibhatey ho mujha mera bhi nibhaney do", the way the man said it, Maheer felt her throat clogg up. Usama had no one.