kon hai|3

The girls were gathering for the morning assembly, Mahjabeen who just entered the building collided with someone. The cup in the girls splashing on her uniform, and once again her spotless pink uniform was dirty.

"I am so sorry...", she seemed to be in fourth grade and was genuinely apologizing.

Mahjabeen smiled, "areey koi na tum chai peeyo kapde toh dholungi mai", she was grinning, the little girl pouted her eyes turning teary as she took that as an insult.

"Mai sachme darauni dikhti kya?" She asked herself remembering Rania's jab, this was the second time a girl ran away. "Amma theek bolti hai, mai bolti bohot hu... "

She walked to the washroom while talking to herself, "Agar dost banane hai toh zyaada baat nhi krni hogi, pichli baar meri gareebi-"

She heard some sounds coming from the quite corner of the bathroom, "kon hai?" She asked apporaching the figures that had four hands, what kind of species was that?

She heard a foot shuffling and then there was silence. There was a boy.

There was a boy in a girl's school.

There was a boy in a girl's school hugging a student.

And that student was Ranya.

Her clothes were unruly, and they weren't in a proper state, "Ye kya hora?"

Mahjabeen asked her eyes wide, as she backed away, now she wished it was a monster instead of this. Her eyes, her mood everything was spoilt.

Ranya smirked, "Tum?" She walked closer to Mahjabeen who backed away, "Mai kisiko nahi bataungi"

She was scared, terrified as she saw the madness in Ranya's eyes, "You had chocked me infront of the entire bus. You humiliated me infront of my friends and I will humiliate you for life. Whenever you would look in the mirror, you would remember me", she laughed out loud and Mahjabeen tried to runaway, the boy stood at the corner watching the scene uninterested.

As she turned around, Ranya grabbed her by her chotti and slammed her head on to the wall. She heard the boy call out Ranya's name in panic, as she felt a searing pain engulf her. She felt ever vein inside her head, she heard every little voice, she tasted her wet salty saliva, while she fell on the disgusting floor.

When she regained conciousness, she saw three legs, everything was blurry but she saw the disappointment in the principal's eyes. She heard them talk, "I saw her with the guy... she tried to attack me and I pushed her she fell... ", Ranya was crying loudly, and Mahjabeen couldn't help but wonder, would she die in this nasty washroom.

She was taken to the hospital, her mother stayed by her side crying, not for her, but because of her. Because of the humiliation.

Bakhtiyar Khan soothed her with his words, "Shukar karo bacchi bach gayi".

She heard her mother whisper something that broke her heart into thousand pieces, "isse accha maar jaati... kaise jeeyegi... pura mohalla jaan gaya hai iske baarein mai"

She was in a comatose like state but she heard everything, her father's words, "Sahi keh rahi ho", he broke down, she tried to move her fingers but she couldn't. Her eyes shed tears as she looked at them, Adam who sat beside her, wiped it away, and tucked the hairs behind her ear as they stuck to her cheeks, "Bacchi hai, galti toh hoti haina", but there was a bitterness in his voice.

She laid there on the hospital bed, having lost half of her motor abilities, incapable of defending her name. The way Rania had presented everything, nobody would believe her.

___

Murtasim raised his gun aiming at the man who was running away, his one in his pocket, the shades hiding his eyes. The man's brother was pleading for mercy, "Khan maaf krde agli baar aisa nahi hoga".