dhaagey (Unedited)|5

"Mahjabeen utho!" Gul Khan woke the young girl up, she turned over, "Haan phupho", without opening her eyes.

The room was too comfortable for her, the AC temperature the soft blanket that she was wrapped in as well as the bed, she wanted to sleep forever.

"Uth jao meri raani...", those were the magic words and Mahjabeen was up. Gul Khan never cursed Mahjabeen, or even tried to scold her, she had seen the little girl grow up and had affection for her.

Mahjabeen sat up and rubbed her eyes as Gul Khan smiled at her, "Beta mai chahri thi ke tum Murtasim aur Maheer ke saath chaley jao, aaj raat unka nikkah hai aur Murtasim apni honey waali biwi ke saath dargah mai jaana tha magar Maheer k Baba ka toh tumhe pata h usse nikkah se pehle akele nhi jaanedenge..."

Shahnawaz Khan always brought Murtasim to the dargah before any major decision of his life, during his exams they would go and sit in the dargah peacefully. Murtasim would sometimes fall asleep in his father's lap and when he would wake up next, they would be back in the Khan mansion. But after his father's death, he stopped visiting dargah's, after Gul Khan's order he agreed to just take a look from outside and leave.

"Ji chali jaongi, aap fikar na karey", Mahjabeen said as she stood up and went to the balcony of the room, "Theek hai tum fresh ho jaldi se mai chai bhijwati hu phir ek ghante mai nikal jaana haan?"

"Ji Phupho", Mahjabeen said with a smile, she liked it here, away from her family, away from everyone, she was at peace. She was in a different, there was TV to watch, a large garden to play and she loved the people of the haveli. They were so sweet to her. A hour later she got ready in her yellow suit, Gul Khan dolled her up, "Dekho kitni pyaari lagri tum".

Mahjabeen looked into the gasp, "Apne toh mujhe ikdam khoobsurat banadiya", she was excited, looking at her reflection. Because she looked like one of her favourite actresses, picking up her dupatta she spinned her body the dupatta moving with her, and with a squeal exited the room.

She was in her zone, singing along her favourite chorus when she bumped into someone.

"Arrey Mahajabeen tum?" Asif Khan stop in his tracks, admiring the young woman. She was a true beauty, her brown hair framed her round face, she was just gorgeous in his eyes.

I deserved a woman like her...

She gave an awkward smile and ran off, Asif Khan smiled rolling his moustache, he knew who would be his next wife. Bakhtiyar wasn't in a stable financial condition, Asif had the perfect plan to get what he wanted. He could have both wealth and a beautiful wife with this scheme of his.

___

"Ye phool bhi lagade", Neha said passing him the flower garlands, all the flowers were wrapped around his body, and Neha was passing him more.

"Neha phool ghar mai laganey hai mere upar nhi", he laughed handing over the flowers, as he did so the flowers broke out of the garland and fell on Mahjabeen who was in her own world. Usama stopped mid air, watching her as she started lifting the flowers. She was too immersed in her own world, Mahjabeen didn't care about others. And as the air flew he saw the beautiful dimpled smile on her face and his heart fluttered.

"Ye lein", she said loudly breaking him out of his daydream he cleared his throat and took the flowers, "Shukria Mahajbeen, bohot acchi lagri ho"

"Haina? Phuphi ne ikdam Madhuri jaisa suit lekar dia mujhe, lag rahi na mai ikdam Madhuri Dixit?" He couldn't help but laugh as she mimicked Madhuri's pose from Hum Aapke hai koun, her expressions were on point.

He gave her a impressed look, "Ikdam, balke Madhuri se bhi haseen. Tum ye kyun nhi pehenti, aur acchi lagogi".

He showed her the garland, she extended her hand but before he could hold it Maheer came over, "Usama!"