Interviews

I was barely able to sleep through the night with being a bundle of nerves. I still managed to be up before everyone else and started eating when Haymitch walked out.
"Since I've gone with the unapproachable look this whole time I think at my interviews imma pull at their heart strings," I said causing Haymitch to look at me in shock.
"What," Haymitch asked.
"The whole reason I plan on winning is cause of my siblings to give them a better life," I said, "so if I play the orphan girl who's older sister lost her life to the games and has eight younger siblings at home along with two older siblings who need me at home."
"I think that's an amazing approach to your interview dear," Euphemia said walking out and joining us, "letting the Capital see a different side of you will definitely earn more sponsors."
"Yes we definitely can work with that," Haymitch said smiling at me, "but first you'll be going with Euphemia and working on how your going to walk and present yourself then you'll come back to me and we'll work on questions and how you'll answer them."
I spent two hours with Euphemia perfecting my walk with high heels and how I should sit with a dress on. Once Euphemia deemed me capable of walking and sitting she sent me off to work with Haymitch on answering questions.

"Now this is the part that's going to matter when you win," Haymitch said gaining my attention, "you have to watch how you word things and not say anything against the Capital otherwise if you win President Snow will hurt your family dear."
"Okay then let's work on it," I said determinedly to make a great impression. For two hours we worked on questions and an answers. It wasn't till the last thirty minutes that Haymitch liked my answer and let my prep team to take me away to get me ready for the interviews.

It took eight hours to get me prepped and ready for the interviews to Velvets liking. Once my hair and make up was done Velvet brought out a very pretty black dress that she wanted me to wear tonight.

Walking out to where all the other tributes were lined up to do their interviews

Walking out to where all the other tributes were lined up to do their interviews. They started with Ruby meaning they'll end with Fallen. I didn't pay much attention to anyone else's interviews as I was nervous for my own interview and kept going over my answers.

"Now the moment you all been waiting for District 12 Artemis Myers better known as the Capital Goddess," Caesar Flickerman announced. At the announcement of my name I walked into the stage smiling and waving at everyone.
"Wow that smile and welcoming attitude is completely different from how you been when you first got here what's changed," Caesar asked causing the audience to go silent.
"Well Caesar I can't be unwelcoming all the time can I Caesar part of winning the games is to have sponsors something my older sister lacked in," I said causing whispering to go around the audience.
"Older sister," Caesar asked in surprise, "please tell us more?"
"Well I'm the fourth child out of twelve kids my father was killed in a mining accident a few years ago...my older sister Lima had put her name in more times for Tessera cause our mom and baby sister had gotten sick with small pox even though we tried to do everything we could our baby sister had died while Lima was her in the Capital shortly after she died in the games our mom had died from the small pox," I said causing a lot of tears and awes in the audience, "it was cause hardly any of us kids was old enough to start work to get the medicine that our mom and sister needed so my goal is to win so that my eight younger siblings won't have to see the hardship my two older brothers and I had to go through and to also be able to take care of them better if they was to ever get sick."
"Well that's quite the interesting story so our Capital Goddess is actually an orphan and at such a young age," Caesar said causing more tears, "how did you guys manage to survive?"
"Well my oldest brother Andres was the only one at the time who was old enough to work so he started working in the mines right after our sister died in the games giving up his dream of finishing school to make a better living for our family," I said, "then my twin brother and I both picked up little odd jobs helping out people around District 12 to help our brother out now that Apollo and I are seventeen close to eighteen Apollo was giving permission to start working in the mines along side our brother and I started working at the bakery in 12."
"Oh my you have a twin brother," Caesar asked in shock.
"Yes it's not quite common in District 12 but also not so uncommon that our midwife who helps with pregnancy doesn't know how to handle twin pregnancies," I said as a buzzer went off.
"Well I'm sorry folks that all the time we have give it up the Artemis the Capital Goddess," Caesar said happily holding my hand up in the air.
Once I walked off the stage both Haymitch and Euphemia was there to congratulate me on how well I did. We watched Fallen's interview. Haymitch wasn't very happy with how Fallen's interview went especially how he blamed President Snow for how poor our District is and the small pox outbreak that took his older brother and father. I had been watching from our District 12 penthouse pacing back and forth hoping my family stays safe.
"A pretty girl like you shouldn't be pacing like that it'll give you wrinkles," a very familiar voice said causing me to look at the entrance where President Snow now stood.
"President Snow," I exclaimed while courtesy in greeting.
"You don't have to do that girl," Snow said with a smile that made goosebumps appear on my arms, "you have left quite the impression Miss Myers and normally I'd be against an outer District winning but this year I honestly want you to win."
"What," I asked in shock.
"I'll do everything I can to make sure you win Miss Myers mean suppling you with food and water but when it comes to the other tributes that is all on your own," Snow said, "you showed what a true victor should really act like out there on the stage today." With that he walked away toward the bedrooms making me believe that Fallen has up set President Snow for him to make a personal appearance like this.
While Fallen was in his room with President Snow I was sitting on the couch watching the recaps of tonight's interviews and watching for the rankings only to be in shock that I've climbed all the way to the top into first ranking and had quite a few sponsors.