Chapter 39: I Love You Forever

Sirius' POV

I freed myself from my captors and launched at the one who had dared to touch Marien. Acrux and the brothers started fighting, too, followed by Max and his men.

I heard Marien and Symphony in distress and saw two evolved men approaching them. I rammed one and hit the second, knocking them away. I ran towards a third and jumped, falling over and crushing him to the ground. I picked him up and threw him towards another guy who was also coming to attack me.

"Are you okay?" I asked the ladies.

They both nodded.

I returned to the fight, growling at one, baring my fangs. I bit his arm, and he slapped me away. Another bit my shoulder from behind, and I muffled my scream, turning and hitting him.

No more men were coming, and I could see that Max's men had shot down the governor's EH. They had used special sedatives on them.

I looked around. I thought I heard some kind of explosion or something, but I saw no effects.

The governor and his men were stunned. Some grabbed their phones and started trying to make calls.

"Okay, gentlemen, now let's negotiate," Max said, approaching them. "I have it all recorded. This could go to the president."

The men suddenly became very tense as they insisted on their calls. It seemed strange to me that their phones weren't working, but in any case, it was a good thing now.

"Sir, there has been a general power outage," one murmured.

"What have you done with the lines?" the governor asked. "Do you have a magnetic shock weapon?"

"Stop changing the subject," Max threatened.

"We must know what happens."

"You're not going anywhere!"

Marien approached, worrying me, so I followed her, staying alert.

"Please..." she asked with sadness impregnated on her face. "Where are the bodies of my parents?"

That scum didn't deserve the tears of a woman as good as her.

"We don't know."

"Don't lie," I growled threateningly. I could tell he was hiding something.

The man sighed heavily.

"The evolved men we sent had to destroy and burn all the bodies so that they could not be recognized, and then police couldn't get too far. I already told you that having evolved people on your side is no use."

Marien was devastated. I couldn't stand seeing her like this. It was time to go home and shelter her in my arms until I saw her smile again.

It was over. We could leave this place and go live somewhere else.

"Symphony," I looked at her, "go now..."

She hesitated a little, but seeing my serious look, she obeyed. Max signaled, and his men approached to handcuff the governor and his companions.

"You can't do this! I am the governor!"

"Not after the president and the people see this," he refuted, referring to the recording.

"Do you think anyone will care?" he mocked.

"Sirius!" Symphony shouted from outside.

I dashed to her call, and everyone followed me. When I got out, I froze. Orion... And an army of evolved men, about a hundred of them.