Chapter 10 - Desperate Measures.

Stella defiantly stared at the giantess who towers above them all. Since that weird jam brought this crazy power on her, the Human felt invincible! She was more than ready to shove her fist deep into that gigantic bully's face!

Grýla's discontentment slowly faded away. It was for the best that the Human decided to face her head on. It would be easier to crush that pest once and for all.

"Ya think taking a sip of my cooking will give ya the advantage?!" The Ogre taunted. "Ya only made it easier for me to squash ya!"

Stella was about to charge at her, but the Knight put a hand on her shoulder before she could do anything. "Wait, you can't just face her in a fight!"

The girl felt differently, though. "What are you talking about? I feel like I can do anything with this power!"

The Knight explained. "The pego jam might have given you a boost, but you're still untrained with your Saniya. There's no way you can defeat someone like her."

Even though she didn't know what a "Saniya" is, Stella understood the overall message. "Then what? We can't flee with that damned wall on the way!"

The hero shook his head. "I have sent an emergency signal to every member of the Dragon's Guard. Anyone closer to us should be already on their way. In short, we have to stall."

"Guys, can you feel that?" Lien interjected.

While the Human and the guard were busy talking, Grýla was charging a massive fireball, much larger than the one she had launched at them before.

The Knight held the girls with each of his arms, and started running as fast as he could. Unfortunately, he was already drained from all the fighting he was doing before.

The fireball hit the ground, and there's no way that the hero can outspeed the explosion radius. With no other option, he puts the girls on the ground and creates his own barrier made of Saniya. The pink inferno started to make the golden barrier crack. Can he truly withstand this powerful attack?

"Stella!" He shouted to the Human behind him. "I need you to do something! Touch the barrier like I'm doing!"

The Human didn't ask any questions and quickly complied. She stretched her hands forward and touched the cracking barrier. "What now?!"

"Listen carefully! You are currently feeling an excess amount of energy, correct?! Well, concentrate that feeling on the palm of your hands!"

Stella wasn't sure that she could pull off such a thing, but what else could she do? The Human concentrated on the overwhelming energy that coursed through her veins, a more stressful task than she expected. After acclimating to this power, she tried to will it towards her hands, and it surprisingly worked! Her hands were glowing much brighter now.

"That's it! You're doing it!" The Knight cheered her on.

However, the barrier's condition was becoming worse. The cracks were getting bigger and new ones were starting to form. Grýla's magic was making the fireball shoot more and more fire, it was only a matter of time.

Stella was freaking out. "It's not working! Am I doing this right?!"

The Knight continued to instruct her. "Take a good feel at the barrier! Notice how it's similar to your Saniya! After that, just let the energy take its course."

After concentrating on the barrier itself, Stella understood what he meant. It was very similar to how her power felt, with minor differences. As per the Knight's instruction, Stella cleared her mind and let herself be taken by the combined feeling of her energy and the barrier's. She felt a little drained, but that meant that it was working, her "Saniya" was being transferred to the barrier.