51-55

Chapter 51

Mu Rou felt that she had overlooked something.

How could the person Xu Jiachuan had waited so hard for to come back be his cousin?

After the founding of New China, it was enacted that close relatives could not be together, which was unreasonable. If the two were really cousins, they should not be so ostentatious.

Mu Rou's mind was confused for a moment, and this confusion was no different from watching the male and female protagonists on TV finally get together as lovers, but then they found out that they were siblings.

A sense of absurdity that came naturally.

If Qi Minyue was just Xu Jiachuan's cousin, why did Xu Jiachuan use this excuse to divorce her in his dream?

Such a real scene, such a real dream, such real discomfort and pain.

If she hadn't seen Xu Jiachuan's decision, why would she avoid him like a snake after waking up from the dream?

There's nothing wrong with liking someone, but if you know that your sincerity has been wasted, and you still flirt with him as usual, that's a bit wrong.

Mu Rou felt that she was cutting her losses in time. Since there was no good outcome with Xu Jiachuan, she shouldn't have too many entanglements.

But now the facts seem to be somewhat different from what she has always believed.

She leaned against the wall, slowly closed her eyes, her eyebrows twitched slightly, and began to try to recall the dream.

Finally, she dug out a little bit of scraps from her memory.

Several years after she divorced Xu Jiachuan, she was questioned by two staff members who came to her house one day.

The staff members' questions were brief, asking her if she was still in contact with Xu Jiachuan.

After the divorce, she and Xu Jiachuan broke up completely. Even when she was down and out, she never showed up in front of her glamorous ex-husband. She had her dignity.

And this glamorous ex-husband never looked for her. The past relationship between husband and wife seemed to be just a joke.

From husband and wife to strangers, the two of them acted as if they would never have anything to do with each other. Even the people around them who would look at each other never mentioned each other in front of them.

If they broke up, they broke up. Seeing each other again was just a passer-by in the world of red dust.

After asking a few questions, the two staff members left hastily.

Mu Rou felt strange, but didn't ask any more questions.

After a long time, she heard rumors that Xu Jiachuan had been in jail.

This was just gossip, and the truth was not reported. Mu Rou was no longer in Xu Jiachuan's circle, and she had no connections to verify, so she couldn't confirm the truth of this matter.

But at that time, she didn't care about the truth of this matter.

She and Xu Jiachuan had no relationship anymore, and she was even happy that Xu Jiachuan got his comeuppance.

Now thinking about it, this matter is somewhat strange.

Mu Rou slowly opened her eyes, and her clear eyes were stained with ripples, rippling in circles, like water ripples shaking uneasy.

She guessed a very reasonable truth but she was unwilling to admit it.

Could it be that Xu Jiachuan divorced her early because he was afraid that she would also be involved in the whirlpool of political struggle?