Chapter 6

Lying on his death bed, Randy Castle recalled his best of memories, and moments with those he loved. He also took some time to reminisce on all mistakes and things he had regretted over the years.

He had been battling with Leukaemia, for the past four and a half years, immediately after he had left his ex-wife and son.

"Krissa" He called.

"Yes, my love" She came running to his side with tears gathered in her eyes. "I'm here with you" She added.

He sat up and continued. "Call her; Louise".

Krissa picked up the phone and did as she was told. She looked for the contact; 'ex-Louise' and dialled the number, she listened till someone picked up.

"Hello? Louise?" Krissa asked.

"Yes, how may I help you?" The lady who picked up said.

"Hey, he needs you" Krissa said.

"Oh, I'm on my way"

She had always expected this day to come and she was somewhat prepared. She knew that the day her son would kill her for not informing him about his dad's case would finally come, she knew that one day the hen would come home to roost and this was that day. She cried as she drove there, she couldn't bear to imagine the look that would be on Randy's sad face.

More importantly, how she would break the awful news to her son. She kept pondering on how she would tell her son that he had just lost his mentor, his best friend his dad. The fact that she had been hiding his illness for four whole years was sickening even for him, so, she had to just wait and see how the ugly truth and the hard luck she was having were going to play hand in hand in her downfall.

She got to the hospital.

"Good morning ma'am, how may I help you?" The nurse asked.

"Hi, I'm Christiana Louise Song, here to see Randy Castle, is he in this hospital?" She replied.

"Uh, yes he is in the third room to the left"

"Thanks alot" This was her reply as she left to go see Randy.

"Randy?" She asked walking quietly into the ward.

"Louise? Is that you?" He asked.

"Yes, I'm here now" She replied smiling a little.

He loved calling here Louise, that was what she introduced herself as when they first met. He though of giving Jude that name but it sounded tacky - name your kid after your ex-wife.

Krissa stood at the corner of the room, staring at what was going down, some kind of reconciliation and reconnection. She felt disgraced for destroying what was once a beautiful couple, she had managed to frame Christiana with fake photos and text messages.

She felt sorry for Christiana, but mostly for herself, she had stopped so low, to stealing someone's husband and destroying someone's home just for the love of money.

"I'm sorry" She whispered but loud enough for both of them to hear. She gulped and felt all her dignity going down the drain.

"What?" They both echoed.

"I'm so so sorry" She said again now whimpering.

"For what?" Christiana asked.

"For everything" Krissa replied again, the crying intensifying.

Christiana let go of Randy's hand and faced her. "It's ok, it's not your fault".

"Actually, it is...I just think you need to know before you leave for the afterlife".