His Question #9

Charlie gathered her things and proceeded to get ready to leave work. Working these past couple of weeks has been really beneficial for her. She spoke recently with the head of the post production team about shadowing editors at some point and they where happy to accommodate. 

Whilst closing the office door and bidding goodbye to her co-workers Charlie made her way to the exit. The long familiar hallway was bidding her goodbye but before she reached the end a door opened just as she passed it making her jump slightly. 

Chan was also packing up his things ready to leave for the evening. leaving his studio he opens the door and is met face to face almost with Charlie, 

"Oh! Sorry I didn't mean to scare you," He laughs slightly his smile becoming infectious as Charlie finds herself smiling back. "It's not issue, I just wasn't expecting it." she laughs back

"Are you off home?" He enquires, seeing her jacket and coat on her. "Yeah I am, just finished for the day, you off as well?" she asks him back seeing his own back and jacket. "Ah yeah, I was gonna go home and work a little more on my laptop." He rubbed the back of his neck shyly. 

"Are you never not working?" Charlie asked jokingly knowing he probably doesn't stop unless the man is sleeping. He laughed along but gave what she said a bit of thought, when did he have a break. Thinking about it he needed a break. Charlie gave him a smile before turning to make her leave. "It was nice seeing you Chan have a good evening" 

Before she even got a step away Chan lightly grabbed her wrist making them both pause at the contact. Charlie looked down at the unexpected but not unwelcome touch. slowly her eyes met his in question of his actions. 

"Charlie... are you doing anything this evening?"

His question hung in the air, Charlie wasn't expecting it in all honesty. Her only plans where to make herself a meal and then continue watching the current drama, that had been her routine for the last several months working at JYP.

Though changing the routine wouldn't be the end of the world especially with such nice company. 

"I'm not doing anything." She smiled at him and turned her wrist in to his giving her own a gentle touch. 

"Do you want to dinner then?" 

Spontaneity was uncommon in the two people. Chan always having a schedule to follow and his time delegated. Charlie had her own schedule, the only spontaneous thing Charlie had done was accept her job and get on a plane to Korea, however that had just been a change in plans. 

Both people where in unknown territory. Not knowing what the outcome that this spontaneity will bring but neither wanting to fully address it. Though in the midst of not wanting to think to far into things the pair both silently agreed to just enjoy the others presence. 

Instead of going for a populated restaurant where they where more likely to get noticed, they headed to the connivence store they had met at the second time and fill themselves of pot ramens and other packaged side dishes sit off in the far corner and enjoy their meal. 

The window in front of them was covered in posters and miscellaneous stickers, so anyone could see them if their noses where against the glass. 

It was peaceful, content and comfortable and every other synonyms. Neither had said much but not a lot needed to be said.