Chapter 27:

Aidan woke up to the sound of his alarm and he let a small groan out. He slammed his hand on his phone and slowly rose from his bed. He looked around before seeing Thomas and Ian sitting at his desk. He stared multiple times for a bit before rising and walking over to them.

"Morning sleeping beauty. How did you sleep?" Ian asked and Aidan rolled his eyes.

"What are you guys looking at?"

"Well we were going to wake you up for breakfast, but your computer camera started flashing red. The mission Ian went on, he attached a camera to one of the leading gang members that work with Orlando in his gang. Now we are watching this." Thomas asked.

"How did you get into my computer? Also, you can't see anything, didn't think to move the camera?"

"How do you do that?" Ian asked and Aidan just stared at him unamused before pressing the left and right arrows to move the camera.

"We knew that, hey get ready for class," Thomas said and Aidan rolled his eyes.

"Only because if I don't show up Daiichi is going to throw a fit."

"You know you want to see Daiichi as well."

"Who is Daiichi?" Ian asked, tearing his eyes from the screen to look at Aidan and Thomas. Aidan groaned and fell on the bed backward.

"No one..."

"A potential love interest."

"Whoa, wait what? Aidan put his stoic, brick-like personality aside and had a crush on someone?"

"Shut up, just a friend. Nothing more."

"A friend? That is still progress, I am so proud," Ian said. Thomas and Ian both wiped fake tears away before Thomas shoved Aidan towards the closet.

"You are going to be late, get going now," Thomas scolded.

"Okay Mother," Aidan mumbled slightly. He got out of bed and grabbed his uniform before going to the bathroom.

Aidan walked in and they fell quiet looking at the screen. Aidan looked at the two confused before grabbing his bag and phone.

"When you get the chance to be alone. Do you think you can hack into their communication lines? I meant to ask that but got sidetracked," Ian asked.

"Yeah, I may have to wait till I am back. Daiichi won't leave me alone even for a minute. The last thing I need is him nagging me as much as Thomas does."

"He nags too? What are they, twins?"

"You have no idea," Aidan rolled his eyes as Thomas held a peace sign up.

"Have a good day! Be safe! Don't end up kidnapped!"

"I swear to god if I do, I am going to kill you!" Aidan said, throwing his hands up. The two older males only laughed slightly before leaving Aidan's room.

Aidan left the base before pulling his phone out. He had so many missed messages all from the same person.

To: Aidan

From: Daiichi

'Hey, are we still meeting up before school?'

'Hello?'

'Are you awake?'

'Aidan, you are gonna be late.'

Aidan only cracked a small smile before pressing the call button.

"Aidan???"

"Hey to you too, I am on my way now."

"Okay, I thought you ditched me or changed your number or something."

"No, I had to get ready. Woke up to Ian and Thomas in my room."

"Why? Hey, I see you." *click*

"Geez, that guy." Aidan put his phone away before feeling himself tackled.

"Oof. You just saw me yesterday, let go."

"No!"

"Daiichi, geez. I am not a person for hugs, let go.'

"I am a person for hugs."

"I don't like affection, it's gross," Aidan mumbled but patted Daiichi's shoulder slightly.

"You say that but you are in your way hugging me back."

Aidan suddenly pushed Daiichi off of him, and Daiichi huffed slightly.

"So mean to me, but I know it just means you care."

"Who told you that? Stop acting like you know me..."

"Did you forget you opened up about your life? I can tell, or else you wouldn't have done what you did yesterday," Daiichi said. Aidan glanced at Daiichi who had a huge smile on his face and Aidan smiled slightly.

"Anyway, today may be my last day."

".... I don't want to think about it. I am gonna miss you. I know you are going to avoid me, and not want to hang out," Daiichi huffed. Aidan flinched slightly before looking off to the side.

"I knew it..." Daiichi trailed off, and Aidan felt kinda bad. It fell quiet before Aidan grabbed his hand and pulled him elsewhere.

"What are you doing? We have class."

"Skipping."

"But, the principal. He was going to appoint you in the right direction for University."

"He can tomorrow. He told me after my wounds heal, they aren't completely healed yet. If you miss them they probably will assume you need a few days to recover from what happened. Let's hang out, as an apology."

"So you were going to break your promise?"

"You have to understand why."

"We talked about this yesterday, Aidan."

"Let's not talk about it here."

"Fine..."

Aidan ended up pulling Daiichi away from everyone, where they would be alone. He looked around the park, before going straight to the woods.

"Didn't you just arrive like 2-3 days ago?" Daiichi asked and Aidan turned back to him.

"I memorized an entire map. Now let's go."

They walked into the woods before coming to a clearing, where no one would find them. Aidan set his book bag down and sat against the tree. Daiichi followed, sitting across from Aidan. It was quiet before Daiichi leaned against his hands, staring at him.