Chapter 6:

Aidan and Zion had gotten back to work with no problem. It started slow with a few customers here, and a few customers there. But once noon hit, his regulars came in. This typically made waiters happy, but in Aidan's case, he dreaded it.

Oh great, the fangirls are here. Why do I even have fangirls? I am the most non-sociable, awkward, cold, and rude person on this planet. I don't get it... at all.

Aidan sighed before Zion nudged him towards their table. He shot Zion a look before flashing the ladies a charming smile. Luckily, they were nearer his age, so it wasn't nearly as awkward.

"Eek, Aidan! How are you today?" Lucy, a girl with brown hair, and soft brown eyes asked. He learned quickly that she would make it her mission to flirt with him every time he came to their table.

"I am good, gorgeous, how are you?" Aidan asked, he wanted to grimace at the comment but kept the façade up. If he broke character, his boss would kill him. Apparently the first few weeks, Aidan drove away business because he always had a scowl so now, he has to be more approachable and likable.

"I am doing great! What's special today?" She asked, her face was extremely red, and looked as if she was going to pass out.

"Today's special is my personal favorite, strawberry shortcake with white tea. The white tea won't overpower the sweetness of the cake."

"He is so smart and handsome, we want that! All of us," Alexis said next. Alexis had blonde hair with dyed streaks going through her hair and blue eyes.

"Very well. It will be right out," Aidan went to leave but the back of his shirt was caught by Lucy who was looking down. He glanced at her, and she was looking down at the table, her face getting warmer.

Oh no.

"Aidan, wait..."

"Yes, Lucy?"

"Can you meet me tonight at the park? I have something I wanna tell you."

"Actually, I~"

"He will be there, I will make sure of it," Zion said. Lucy perked up and looked at Zion with hopeful eyes and he sent her a wink and Aidan a thumbs up.

Aidan had thought about ten different ways to kill Zion, and all of them ended up with Aidan torturing Zion to death.

Aidan slowly gave Lucy a small smile, as though praying she would recognize that he didn't want to go but she was looking down.

"See you later Aidan, thank you for coming to see me," she quickly said.

"No problem, see you after work."

He mentally sighed and rang the order in before waiting for Zion to make the drinks, since he was the barista. Once Aidan rang the order in, he walked over to Zion and grabbed the drinks.

"I hate you so much right now."

"You need more friends."

"She... wants to date. I am gay."

"You will be okay..."

"Just know, I killed you about a dozen different times in my head. And they were slow and painful," Aidan said before putting on his fake smile and walking to the girls handing them their orders. Luckily the café started getting busy, so the girls didn't hold him up by talking to him.

The day went by fast, and the girls had left, and it was finally closing time. He sighed softly and removed his apron before leaning against the counter.

"Oi... ring me out for breakfast this morning," Aidan said, and Zion did as he was told before leaning over the counter.

"Don't leave the lady hanging."

"I know, I know. I still hate you for that, I just wanna go home."

"I am sure it won't take long, plus I am sure she would just be happy that you showed up," Zion said. Once Aidan was done paying, he put his wallet away.

"Yeah, hopefully. I am not good when girls cry," Aidan mumbled, leaving the café. He started walking towards the park where he was supposed to meet Lucy. It was certainly getting dark, so he made a mental note to walk her back home, so she didn't have to walk in the dark. Chicago's streets were dangerous at night.

Aidan was caught in his thoughts, and when he turned down the street that the park was on, he was suddenly pulled into a black van. He struggled against the people but the rag that was on his mouth was making him weaker by the moment.

Right before he passed out, he saw two masked guys tying him up. And then everything went black.