1

sekaiyah kamali banks
Harlem, new york

I sat in 3rd period with my head on the table while having my airpods in.

We was in english and the teacher wasnt talking about nun interesting.

I felt something hit my head so i took my airpod out and sat up seeing the whole class staring at me.

"The teacher said sit up" Imani annoying ass said.

"Never did you just throw scissors at me" i said seeing a pair of scissors on the floor next to me.

"And did" she popped her neck.

"Dumbass bitch get up, on my pops we finna tussle" i stood up now walking towards her.

"Sekaiyah, sit down" mr. smith came inbetween us.

"The bitch just threw fucking scissors at me" i mugged them both.

"Sekaiyah, i dont want to have to send you to in school detention, again" he pointed his crooked finger in my face.

"Tuh, yall must be fucking cause aint no way" i said.

"Get your stuff and get out" he semi yelled which is exactly what i did.

"Dont wanna be in this funky class anyway, the fuck" i rolled my eyes before slamming the door.

I roamed through the hallway before making it to the classroom where detention was usually held.

I opened the door and saw 3 other people in here, a girl and 2 boys.

"Sekaiyah, what did you do this time?" ms. jacobs asked crossing her arms.

"Not shit" i put my phone on her desk and walked to the back of the class.

A few minutes later another boy walked in the class with a mug on his face.

"Aht, phone armani" ms. jacobs put her hand out.

He put his phone in her hands before sitting down a few seats from me.

"Okay guys i quickly have to run to the printer, Stay seated and be quite, ill be right back" ms. jacobs said before leaving out the room.

"Mani what you done did this time" the brownskin boy said.

"Not shit, niggas be tripping" he lifted his head from the table.

"What about you miss ma'am" that same boy said looking to me.

"A bitch threw scissors at me but i got sent out" i mugged the air rethinking about the situation.

"On my life i wouldve jumped on that bitch cause aint no way" The girl said.

"I was about to, then baldy basics jumped infront of us tryna play hero" everybody called mr.smith baldy basics cause his hair dont grow.

"Hate his fatass"  The darkskinned boy said.

"You dumb pretty though, i be seeing you round school and outside but i be scared to come up cause you look mean" the girl said.

"Oh, thats just my regular face but thank you" i said.

"Whats your name?" the brownskinned boy asked and i just straight faced him.

"Nigga i know damn well you heard the teacher say sekaiyah" the darkskinned boy said.

"Right, niggas be dumb as hell" the girl said.

"Shut up, ion know you" he mugged her.

"Anyways, im jabari" the brownskin said.

"Im tariq" the darkskin said.

"Im davina" the girl said and i nodded.

I be seeing them round school and shit, just aint never knew they names.

"Thats armani rude ass" jabari said speaking for armani whos head was on the table.

"Let me get your instagram" davina stood up going to ms. jacobs desk grabbing mine and her phone.

"Dumbass left the phones on her desk" jabari stood up grabbing his and tariq doing the same.

"Its x.kaiyah" i said and a few seconds later i saw that davin,  jabari and tariq followed me, so i followed them back.

We heard keys swinging and shit so we all quickly put our phones on the desks.

"You guys were actually quite, just for that you can have your phones, dont tell anybody though" ms. jacobs sat down with a smile on her face.

Her dumbass.

LATER

I got out my car and walked up the stairs to get into my apartment.

I unlocked the door and went straight to my room throwing my bag on the floor and taking my shoes off.

I walked back out and went to the kitchen where my grandma was cooking.

"Hey gg" i waved.

"Hey baby, im making sum spaghetti" she she saud stirring the bolognese sause.

"We finna be eating this shit all week" i mumbled and she popped me in my mouth.

"Ma bad" i slick rolled my eyes and sat down at the counter.

"You know its your momma's birthday soon" my grandma said turning around now leaning on the counter.

"Yeah i know gg" i spoke lowly.

"Mhm, we gone go to the cemetery and we gone talk to her, you havent been in years"

"Mkay" i said before leaving out the kitchen and going to my little brothers room.

"ejjjj" i sang before jumping on his bed.

"Get out kaiyah" he pushed me off.

"damn you on yo period" i mugged him

"Stop playing wit me" he mugged me.

"Stop playing wit me, boy you not grown" i mocked him.

"Was finna ask if you wanted to go to the bodega wit me but aight" i said slowly walking out.

"Wait sorry" his big backed self quickly jumped off his bed.

"Fatty"