Chapter 14 - Shock

While Andy sleeps and the others are on duty, Maya goes through some documents for Herrera. Andy wakes up two hours later, sits down and strokes Fortuna, who still hasn't left her side. "Hey, you fur nose... you have to eat something, otherwise you'll get out of shape"

Andy gets up and stretches. "I'm hungry too. Let's both have something to eat." She puts on her uniform and goes to the Beanery with Fortuna. "ok...then..." She opens the fridge, looks at the meat first and tries not to gag. With all her effort and what feels like a hundred pauses, she manages to put the meat in front of the dog. Fortuna eats quickly and after Andy has washed her hands, she goes back to the fridge. Maya comes in at the same time and just watches her best friend with a stupid look. In Andy's arms are eggs, bacon and olives. Plus a jar of Nutella with a spoon and pineapple.

"You're making food for everyone? Do you feel better?" asks Maya. While Andy fries the eggs, bacon and olives, she spoons up the Nutella in one go.

"ehm no, I'm just doing something for myself, are you hungry too?" She puts the Nutella on the table, gets her food ready, sits down and starts eating. "I'm already feeling better, yes. Must be the weather. It's getting warm outside. Maybe I'm sensitive." Maya sits down next to her and takes a deep breath.

"Do you actually realize what you're eating Andy? You're shoveling tons of food into you. You usually watch what you eat to stay in shape."

Andy is puzzled and looks at Maya

Andy is puzzled and looks at Maya. "What do you mean?" Andy asks and Maya helps takes a bit of her food. "Well, I've been thinking...you're acting like Carina right now, which I also find strange...how long ago was it that you slept with Sullivan?" Andy immediately understands where Maya is going, stands up and crosses her arms. "No, no, no! Maya no! Captain!!! I...I'm captain. Oh my God" She grabs her head and starts doing the math. Six weeks...Andy looks extremely confused and gets more and more nervous as she paces back and forth.

"Andy the tiredness, the dizziness, you're sensitive to smells. You go from zero to a hundred with your emotions lately and then the cravings you have more and more" Fortuna goes to Andy and senses how restless she is. "see? Fortuna is hanging on to you like it's the last thing she wants to protect...dogs have a sense of hormones and physical changes. She senses that you are-"

"Pregnant!?! No, that's impossible!"

Andy starts laughing ironically and can't believe it. "Did you have unprotected sex?" Maya tries to help. "i.... don't know gooood!" Andy is slowly freaking out and breathing raggedly. "Hey hey, stop, please sit down. Nothing has been decided yet." She grabs Andy's shoulders to get her to sit down. "I'm already late, I should have my period already..." Andy whispers lightly to Maya.

"I'll ask Carina if she'll come around and then we'll sort it out. In the meantime, take it easy and maybe you shouldn't go on any missions for now," says Maya and picks up her cell phone. "Forget it. I'm captain of the 19 and that's not going to change any time soon...not even a little bloodsucker like that..." Andy's voice sounds more than serious and she puts everything else away. "Y/N will kill me if she finds out...the subject of a child was already on the table but not under such circumstances" Maya looks surprised. "So you're serious too. Sounds great" Maya has told Carina. "yes, no, at least it was a topic at one point" Andy pauses. "she... proposed to me once in Puerto Rico" Andy speaks pettily. "wow you're engaged?" Andy just looks up at Maya with her eyes and she just nods silently. "not engaged all right!"