Chapter 6 - Love Triangle

"I'm sorry Vic, but I have to disappoint you. There's nothing going on between them. It's more like a bad atmosphere between the two of them," you drink your coffee and empty your cup, hoping they believe you. "Too bad, I had another 5 dollar bet that something was going on," Travis pouts and everyone has to laugh. "All right, work calls!", Vic shouts and you all leave the beanery.

"They've made bets that there's something going on between you and Sullivan," you grin and snuggle closer to Andy. "I don't know what's going on with him... maybe he wants to be captain again and sees me as a thorn in his side. He's been acting strange for days now." Andy takes you tighter in her arms and covers you more with her cuddly blanket. "Well... he can wait a long time. Because our captain is a stunner...and..." you kiss her tenderly between each word "...absolutely hot" She smiles under the kiss, takes your cheek with one hand and strokes it gently just to deepen the kiss even more. Everything about Andy drives you crazy. Her smell...her manner...her hair and the fact that she keeps whispering dirty words to you in spanish.

The days fly by and everything runs more smoothly. No big missions and you both spend every free second together being close and soaking up every moment from each other.

"ok 19, it's New Year's Eve! Means what?" Andy walks through the line and stops in front of a probie, looking at him with an intimidating look.

"uuuh meow...she's extending her claws," Travis whispers to Vic, who smirks at Travis carefully mimicking a cat. However, both immediately stand up straight again when they feel Andy's gaze on them and apologize. Her gaze returns to the probie and she raises an eyebrow. "a....so there could be increased fire incidents due to...all the fireworks...?" he stutters and looks down at the floor, intimidated. "Is that a question or your answer?" she asks.

"Answer...Captain!"

"right, so guys, stay on call! I want to see maximum commitment from you!"....19!"

"19!" and with this exclamation the group splits up.

"You really showed them today, Captain..." you join her in the office and close the door and curtains. Andy smirks cheekily and gets up to join you. "Well...it doesn't hurt to show a little...fire now and then." She pulls you close and kisses you demandingly. "we...need to stay on call..." Andy tries to resist the urge to undress you on the spot. "then stop being so dominant...that's hot..." you continue to provoke her and undo the first button of her shirt as the first alarm sounds.

Every vehicle is needed, as well as every single unit of the 19. Arrived, the basement of a house is on fire. Andy gets out and gets a picture of the situation within seconds.

"Ruiz and Bishop to the water supply! Warren and Gibson, you take care of the injured who are being rescued, keep me informed if I need to call for extra help! Hughes, Y/N and Sullivan contain the fire, make sure it doesn't spread to the neighboring houses! Montgomery you check the power lines and tell the utility company to shut off the power as a precaution!

"me and Hughes are going in!" said, done, and you and hughes disappear between all the smoke.

"Y/N, Hughes what's your situation?" Andy asks.

"no people in there! we'll keep looking" you both head towards the basement and start putting out the fire.

"ok copy" Andy says as one of the homeowners runs up to her and wails.

"my beautiful fireworks! please don't let them destroy everything!" Andy looks at him, confused. "what? where? in the house?" Andy gets nervous.

"in the basement, we tinkered around and made our own fireworks. we want-" Andy immediately grabs her walkie talkie. "Y/N! Hughes you have to get out of the house now! I repeat, everyone out of the house now! This is a powder keg!"