Chapter 21

Onyx's POV
I put my bookmark in my book then put it down. Alexandria yawned and it made me yawn.

"Nyxy? Can you rub my back?"

"Mhm. Sure."

I put my right hand on her back then started rubbing her back.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome Alex."

She fell asleep and I started dozing off. Before I knew it, the both of us were asleep underneath the umbrella.

I felt my body being carried and opened my eyes. I looked up and saw Buckley.

"B-Buck?"

"Hey baby. You fell asleep. I'm bringing you back to the house."

"W-what about Dria?"

"She's awake now. She's playing with Katie. I don't want you to sleep for long in this heat. Let's get you back to the house. We'll get all this sand off you and you can go back to sleep. Sound good?"

I nodded. He put me in the car and started driving back to the house. He helped me shower then brought me to our room.

He laid me down on our bed then tucked me in.

18 weeks later...

I woke up in pain.

Buckley was already getting ready for school. I saw he had left the bathroom door open and he was brushing his teeth.

I got up and slowly walked over to him.

"Baby? Can you take me to the hospital?"

He immediately stopped brushing his teeth. He dropped his toothbrush and rushed over to me.

"Can you walk?"

"A-a little bit."

He grabbed our hospital bags and threw them over his shoulder. He started helping me get to the car. He unlocked the doors then put our bags in the back of the car. He saw me struggling to get into the passenger side seat.

He grabbed my hand and helped me slowly lower myself onto the seat. He put my seatbelt on me then hopped into his car.

I was relieved when I heard Jacob cry first. Rosemary was born 6 minutes later. I watched Buckley carrying the both of them. He walked over to me and placed them on my chest.

"H-hey! I-I'm your mommy!"

30 minutes later, I looked down and saw that Rosemary was staring at Buckley. She was watching him finally eating something.

"Looks like someone wants her daddy."

He stopped eating then washed his hands. He walked over to me then scooped Rosemary up.

"Hi my princess. Did you want me?"

My food finally came and I started eating. I looked down and saw that Jacob was watching me.

"Hey little man."

He smiled at me. My heart melted.

"Baby? Come here."

Buckley stood up and walked over to me.

"Look who's smiling."

"Hey Jakey."

We both looked at Rosemary and saw that she was sleeping peacefully in Buckley's arms. He walked over to her hospital bassinet and placed her in it. He walked over to me and picked Jacob up.

"Go back to eating baby."

I nodded then went back to eating. Bradley and Kaitlyn walked in a few minutes later.

"Where are they? I must see the babies."

"Come here. Rose is asleep so you need to be quiet."

"What about Jake?"

"He's currently watching his mommy eat."