Chapter 16

Onyx's POV
I felt bad leaving him knowing that he's having trouble sleeping. Going to school and not seeing him there fucking sucks.

I felt alone. Ava has Bradley and I don't have anyone. I was at my locker when Tanner walked up to me.

Here we go.

"You're Onyx right?"

"Yeah."

"I'm Tanner."

"Yeah. I know. We have PE together."

"Where's that boy of yours?"

"Home. He's recovering from ankle and wrist fractures."

He reached out to touch me but I slapped his hand away.

"Don't touch me. You're not him."

"I can be though."

"No. You can't."

"We can at least be friends right?"

"We can't be friends. No way."

"Friends with benefits then?"

"Ew! God no! G-get the fuck away from me!"

I slammed my locker shut then quickly locked it. I ran away from my locker and found Bradley. I was out of breath. I frantically went through everything.

"I-I'm so scared and uncomfortable! W-what if he does something to me?! Buck would never believe me!"

He put his hands on my shoulders.

"Relax Nyx. You and me both know that, my brother would believe you."

"W-what if he doesn't?"

"He's always going to believe you. He's known who you are for 12 years now."

"I-I can't lose him!"

"You won't lose him. Relax. Go call him before the bell rings."

"I-I might wake him up!"

"He won't care since it's you calling."

I ran to the bathroom and opened my mini crossbody purse. I took my phone out and started calling Buckley.

*Phone Call with Buckley*
"B-baby?"

"Hey. What's wrong?"

"Ta-Tanner asked to be friends or friends with benefits! H-he tried to touch me! I-I'm so scared and uncomfortable! W-what if he does something to me?! Y-you probably won't believe me!"

"Onyx breath. I'll always believe you. You know that."

"I-I don't wanna come here anymore! At least not without you!"

"Sweetie breathe."

*bell rings*

"NO!"

"Nyxy go to class. I'll talk to you during lunch. It's gonna be okay. I love you."

"I-I love you too."

                           *End of Phone Call*
I took a deep breath then splashed some water on my face. I used the inside of my shirt to wipe my face. I put my phone down then made my way to class.