Chapter 24

Alex's POV

I yawned as the Healer put away his tools. "It seems that all the Silver in your bloodstream is gone now." He turned to me, smiling. "It probably won't take long for you to finally shift."

My ears flattened. I never thought of shifting before. I mean, I was always kind of jealous whenever I saw someone from the pack shift into their wolf form but it never cross my mind that one day I will go through it too.

Being a late bloomer and all. Most werewolves shifted when they were around fifteen so I'm nearly two years behind.

But I guess, I don't mind seeing what my wolf looks like. "Do you know when I would shift?"
My head tilted towards the side, my eyes on the Healer still smiling as he shook his head.

"I'm afraid not, Miss Alex. But in perhaps a week or two, you'll might shift." Well that's cool. I watched as the Healer stood up, bag in hand. "I must be going. Have a nice day, Miss, Alex."

"You too, Mister Healer." The Healer turned around and walked out of the room, closing the door behind him. I sighed, flopping back onto the bed.

I've been on bed rest for about a week now and ever since I popped my stitches, her majesty and Nini, along with Liz and Harper, refused to let me leave the room I'm staying in. Even placing guards in-front of the door.

They're so dramatic.

During my forced stay here, Starfire visited me a few times. Even secretly giving shiny items she wanted me to have since I lost my pen. She's an angel from heaven.

Feeling all warm inside with my face flustered, I quickly snapped out of it and felt my blush darken.

Clearing my throat, I stared up at the ceiling. My mind wandering back to the Curse Queen that I accidentally met. I don't know much about her.

Only that at thirteen she took the throne during the war after her father was killed during battle. A year later at fourteen, she started going to battle herself.

She was so good at fighting at her age that many claimed that she could take down an entire army of fae all on her own. Which is pretty impressive since elves are one of the best sword-fighters in the world.

But, clearly not good enough since the Tiger Queen single handedly managed to take down a good chuck on their army a few months after she joined in a single night.

After the four year mark of the war and wining battle after battle, she suddenly became very sick. No one knows how she gotten so ill since weretigers are know to be immune to nearly every disease. Rumor had it that she gotten cursed by a witch on the other side.

Which earned her the name The Cursed Queen.

I don't know if the curse part is true but I do know is that after she got sick, she could no longed fight at the frontlines. Even since, some battles were lost.

She was forced to go to the rear where she made plans and did her duties as queen. Which was hard because she was both sick and kept on getting challenge for the throne by tons people who claimed she was so young.

She took that personal. While sick, The Cursed Queen did everything in her power and more to provide both warriors and supplies for the war while keeping her people happy.

In my opinion, she's the main reason why we won the war.

Hearing the door opened, I turned my head to see Zack walk in. Well thats a surprised. "What are you doing here?" I asked, plopping myself up on my elbows as I stared at him.

"What? I can't visit a friend?" He frowned, arms crossed as he tilted his head. "You can. But you're always on your games so you never visit people."

He grumped under his breath, rubbing the back of his neck as his eyes narrowed on me. "So, what beings you here?"

"I wanted to see if you heard the rumors." Rumors? What rumors? "What are you talking about, Zack."

"Theres whispers from maids and warriors that the queens have a small interest in you. And also that your the reason why there's an increase of Hunter attacks."

My brows furrowed as I stared at him confused. "I have no idea what you're talking about. The only people that visited me this week was Starfire and you guys. Plus, it's probably a coincidence with the attacks. I'm no one important."

Zack looked at me slightly bewildered. "Do you not know?" This is getting weird. "Know what?" Zack stayed silent for a moment before shaking his head. "Never mind. It was nice seeing you Al, I have to go back to playing my game."

"Hey! Get back here!" He ignored me and just walked straight out of the room. I eyed the closed door before sighing. What the hell was he on about?

Queen Emma's POV

I slammed my fist against the desk. My jaw clench tightly as I shook in anger, my wide eyes glowing red as the moonlight shined from behind me through the window.

"How is it possible that there are no reports from the RedSun's Pack!?" I growled, staring down my assistants who bowed even further, shaking from fear. Sensing my rage.

For the past week, we've been combing through reports looking for the ones that came from Alex's pack but we came up empty handed. Like they disappeared or were just never there.

They said nothing, too afraid to speak. I tsked, rubbing my forehead as I turned my back towards them. "Find what happened to the missing reports. Now."

"Yes, your majesty." Hearing them rush out of the room, the door slamming shut. I sighed, going deep in thought.

Do the hunters already know about our little mate? How are several reports from the RedSun's pack missing? Not only that, a few important detailed reports also turned up missing.

How is this possible? Is there a mole? What does this mean? Is this going to lead another war?

-