♥︎FOUR♥︎

My phone has been ringing non stop ever since i woke up,it was Darren and i didn't bother to answer his calls. Yeah,i was mad and be should know and feel that rage in me.

Soon,he resulted to texts.

"Babe,good morning"

"Are you mad at me?"

"Okay,that was a dumb question. Am sorry that i didn't come after your practice yesterday"

"Allison said you were pretty upset that i didn't call you instead"

"Please just call and let's talk"

"Am on my way to your house. I wanna take you to school and i promise never to bail on you again"

And that's it. Bullshit!

I slammed my phone on the dining table in anger forgetting that my mom was sitting in front of me.

She raised a brow at me and i sighed "Sorry" I mumbled and began playing with my bacon.

"What's wrong?" She asked me worriedly.

For ten seconds,I didn't say anything. It feels weird to suddenly have this kind of conversation with her since she's hardly around.

"Fine, yesterday after practice, Darren promised to pick me up but he didn't and he didn't bother to inform me about it. He then goes ahead to tell my team captain to come pick me up. I mean,am his girlfriend, shouldn't he have informed me and now he's busy spamming me without explaining why he did that bulls..." She gave me an eye and i think it's because i was about to cuss. "What am saying is that,couldn't he have called me,his girlfriend instead of some girl that has no relations with us" I finished speaking and looked at her wanting to hear her speak her mind about what i said.

She was quiet for a while and just stared at me,what was i thinking?,she would actually say something,pftt,i held my bag and was about to stand up when she said "You should probably hear him out and if you find out that he's not saying the truth, do what your heart wants. I have to go now,stay safe" She stood up,grabbed her car keys and coat "Wait,where's Dad? Didn't he come back yesternight?".

She didn't stop in her tracks and simply said "Yes and don't forget to lock up" She closed the door softly. Few minutes of me staring into space,a horn brought me back of my train of thoughts.

The honorable thing to do is to listen to my mom and do as she said, it was probably Darren that was outside. Sighing, I stood up and head outside.

Darren was leaning on his car door,his head buried on his phone,on his hand was a lovely rose. Doesn't he know that i hate rose, my favourite flower was the lily. He heard my footsteps and looked up with remorse in his eyes "Babe?" He said softly,almost breaking me.

"Don't babe me,you've got just sixty seconds" I tapped on my foot consistently waiting for him to talk.

"Okay,am really sorry...I know that you're having mone of this. Yesterday, we stayed late on practice, i went home very late and couldn't text you or call since i was tired. Am really sorry i didn't bother to inform you,Richard just thought it would be a good idea to call his girlfriend since she was with a car and you weren't.  Am sorry" He pouted and stretched the rose forward.

Hesitating a bit, i collected the rose "Am i forgiven?". Rolling my eyes,i nod "Yes but don't let it repeat itself" He nods rapidly and led me to the passenger seat,opening the door like a good gentleman.

When we were all settled in,he began to drive "Thank you for not breaking up with me"

I rolled my eyes "You wouldn't last three minutes without me" He let out a chuckle and i laughed too.

Today,we walked into the school holding hands with the rose in my other hand which i was pretty irritated with.  Tiana sighted me and came running forward "How's my favourite couple doing today?" She asked smiling. My brow rose "Your favourite couple is Mackenzie and Daniella" I replied.

"Yeah,God,I wish to have that kind of relationship someday. Sorry to say but you guys have such a boring heterosexual relationship,no offense" She smirked.

"None taken... Um,Darren,my class is in opposite direction of yours" He nodded and let go of my hands,he kissed my forehead and said "See you after practice, your practice i mean" I gave a small smile and nod.

Tiana gave me an eye, I shrugged "What?".

"Nothing,why are you with a rose anyway? Don't you hate it?" She asked and i sighed. I couldn't tell her that my boyfriend doesn't know my favourite flower,it'd be embarrassing.

After fumbling with a lie in my head,I ended up saying "Darren gave it to me since they didn't have lilies" She didn't ask another question which i was grateful for.  We dispersed for our different classes,i was having Arts now,it was a complimentary subject i had to take since i was in my senior year and i need to write something down for my college application.

I made it to make in time and sat down with nobody by my side, someone is definitely going to sit here whether i know them or not,it didn't bother me,it's nice to interact with new people.

The teacher came in and stood on the podium,she was a woman probably in her thirties,she wore glasses with golden rims and most importantly, knows how to teach.

"Good morning class, it's so nice to see all of you again. So we talked about landscape drawing..." She began teaching while i was jotting down. So immersed that i didn't notice someone beside me,the bell rang and she paused "That's it for today class but wait,there's an assignment. First of all,stay in a group of twos".

Normally when she does this,we just picked our seat partner. I turned to my seat partner "Fuck" I whispered in between my breath on seeing Allison staring at me.

She raised a brow indicating she had heard me,i faked a cough and corrceted myself"What i meant was would you like to be my partner?" She broke into a smile "You didn't have to ask but yes" I tried to smile but failed so i just faced the teacher as she waited for everybody to get settled down.

"Pretty rose you have there. Darren gave you to make up" She suddenly said looking at the rose on my table. Although i hate it,I didn't have the heart to throw it away since Darren was the one who gave me the flower "Thanks and yes" I muttered lowly.

She gave a nod "Good. This assignment is to be submitted in a week. You're all expected to create a landscape drawing of these five places. Desert,ocean,mountains,south or noth pole,research as much as you can and make sure you all participate in it.  I will ask for it by Monday. Any questions".

Somebody raised her hand up and was asked to say her question "Can you make it out of clay or is it only drawing?".

"Moulding is alright but be sure to add as much information about your project in there. Any more questions" The class was quiet,the woman picked up her bag and bid the class goodbye.

I faced Allison who was also staring at me "So,what should our project be about?" I asked.

"How about you come over and we can talk about this? I can take you over to my house after practice" I was stunned with my mouth agape.

Allison was inviting me over to her home "Yeah,yeah,of course" I quickly snapped out of it and answered.

"Great,bye"

She was long gone before i answered "Bye"

Longest chapter so far,don't worry,what you're expecting is coming soon ;-)