Chapter 17

Previously on Chapter 16

I let out a sigh of relief. "Thank you, Kocho" I said. She smiles at me and turns around to walk away after stating that she has another patient to tend to. I turn to look at L/N. I take a seat on the edge of the bed. I gently grab her hand, holding it in both of my hands. I'm glad, L/N. I'm glad to know that you'll be okay.

-Why'd You Leave?-

Y/N P.O.V

I slowly open my eyes, quickly taking notice that my sight is blurrier than it should be. I feel panic growing in my heart. I sit up, and look around as I try to see. But everything is blurry.

"L/N-San... hey!" A voice said, grabbing onto both of my shoulders. By the aura and voice, I can tell that it's Rengoku. "What happened, L/N-San? Why'd you look so panicked?" He asked.

"My sight are blurry, Rengoku-San" I said. Tears starts to roll down my cheeks. I choke out a sob as I hold onto his shoulders. "I can't see..." I said.

"The toxic seems to have reached your eyes" Kocho said. I shake my head at what she said. I feel a hand on my shoulder, knowing it's Kocho. "I'm terribly sorry, L/N-San. But don't worry... I won't stop until I manage to treat your eyes, so you'd be able to see properly. I will make sure you won't lose your sight the second time. I promise..." she said. I start to relax at what she said. But my tears won't stop falling from my eyes.

"Please, Kocho... I don't want to be blind again" I cried out. She wraps her arms around me, trying to comfort me. I hug her back as I cried into her shoulder. She rub my back, trying to calm me down.

***

Kocho has treated my eyes. She let a few drops of herbal medicinal water into my eyes. She said I need to wear bandages around my eyes, to ensure that the herb will work properly to treat them. So, I have to move around with bandages around my eyes.

I need some fresh air to clear my head, so I head out of the hospital. Kocho wouldn't be happy if she finds out I've been going around on my own. But at the moment, I couldn't care less. I needed fresh air and some alone time for myself.

The sweet scent of flowers enters my nostrils, and lots of them. Which lets me know that I'm in a some sort of flower field. A fond smile starts to form on my lips. I move to sit down, enjoying the scent.

"Akaza-San..." I mumbled, remembering my demon friend. I clench my hands that are on my lap. "I thought you care about me. Why'd you have to leave me?" I said, sadness can be heard in my tone.

"I don't leave you on purpose..." a voice said. I jump at the voice. I feel presence near me. I turn my body to his direction. "I'm sorry" he said, sadly. I walk closer to his voice. I lift my hand. I feel a hand gently grabs mine as he places it on his cheek.

"You'd be safer without me, Y/N-San... my lord isn't happy with the fact I had hung around a human. He gave me a threat m that he would kill you. That, or I have to turn you into a demon. I don't want that kind of life for you" he said. My heart clenches at how much pain I hear in his voice. "What happened to your eyes? I thought you're able to see now" he asked.

"In case you didn't notice. I've become a Slayer. I got poisoned during one of my mission and it affected my eyes" I said. I hear a gasp coming from him. He starts scolding me for choosing to be a Slayer. "My parents were killed by a demon! That's why I chose this path. But I won't hunt you, Akaza-San. You matter so much to me..." I said.

"Hey, hold still..." he said. I feel something cold being placed around my neck. I lift my hand, placing it on my neck. I quickly realize that it must be a necklace. I run my finger across the pendant, taking notice that it had the shape of a snowflake.

"I have one on me too..." he said. He holds my hand, and guides to his. I feel a texture of necklace around his neck. "I'm sorry, Y/N-San. But I have to go. I don't want to risk putting you in danger" he said. I feel a soft kiss on my forehead, and his presence soon left.

I choke out a sob as I hug my knees, bursting into tears. The bandage starts to unravel and I realize my sight has returned to normal. But I had missed the chance to see Akaza with them.

I look down at my chest to see the necklace Akaza had given me. I was right, the pendant is a snowflake.

"Akaza-San

"Akaza-San... you really did came to see me just a while ago, right?" I said, smiling sadly to myself. I choke out a sob as tears starts to stream down harder. My left hand clutches the pendant as I start to cry harder. I cover my mouth with my right hand.

"L/N-San! Oh there you are... I've been worried sick" a voice said. I turn my head to see Rengoku. He kneels in front of me. "Why are you wandering off on your own, huh?" He said. I just stares at him with tears streaming down my cheeks. He furrowed his eyebrows as he seems to notice I'm staring right at him.

"Wait, you can see me? Are your eyes all better? Why are you crying?" He said. I just stay silent. He let out a sigh as he realize I didn't want to talk. He smiles softly at me. "It's dangerous for you in your current condition. Come on, let's head back?" He said.

I just nod my head. He turns around, asking me to get on his back. I just did as told without saying a word. He places his hands behind my knees to support my body. He stands up and shafts to walks. I just place my chin on his shoulder as I close my eyes. Akaza-San...

Why'd you leave?

*to be continued*