Chapter: 14

N A T A L I A

"Glenda's here," Ivy confirmed as I reached the bottom of the stairs.

Both Ivy and Mila appeared panicked, while Noah seemed visible annoyed. I was glad they were all unharmed, realizing Callum had spoken the truth.

"Are we heading back now?" Noah inquired, bringing my focus on him, his eyes not missing the mark on my neck.

Subconsciously, I traced my fingers over my claim, feeling a tingling sensation radiate through me.

His eyes darkened as he glanced behind me.

I could already sense the tension directed at Callum, and it only intensified when my mate drew nearer and wrapped his arm protectively around my waist.

My cheeks flushed with heat as I recalled our intimate moment just minutes ago, yet I didn't pull away.

"My Luna stays here," Callum asserted, his grip on my waist subtly tightening. "Where she belongs."

Ivy furrowed her brows. "You're staying here?"

"No, she's not," Noah interjected, his words provoking a growl from my mate. "Glenda would never let her out of sight."

I growled at his words, my wolf displeased with the idea of being separated from Callum. I didn't particularly like that Noah was deciding for me.

My mother would be furious, that was for sure. But now that I had found my mate, I didn't really want to return to the clan.

Ignoring Noah's protests, Callum firmly took my hand in his.

His head nestled in the crook of my neck briefly, inhaling my scent. 'I won't let anyone take you away from me.'

His words resonated in my mind, surprising me, but making me realize it was possible because of my claim. It had opened a new connection between us, and I could feel the emotions surging through him.

His wolf was pacing with fury, making me send a surge of calmness to him.

"You're mine," Callum murmured aloud, nuzzling against my head before pressing a kiss to my temple.

Taking my hand firmly, he guided us out of the house, ignoring the crowd that eyed us curiously.

I wasn't certain of our destination, but it was likely towards my mother.

I could sense her anger, unsurprisingly so. I had lied to her, claiming I would be surveying the clan border while here I was, wrapped up in my newfound mate's embrace.

My wolf had no regrets. We weren't leaving. She had made that abundantly clear, and I wasn't opposed to it.

Being held in Callum's arms made me forget all the past hardships that I had faced. For the first time, I felt genuinely loved.

Despite Rhea's affection for me, her actions were always influenced by our mother.

'Breathe, baby,' Callum reassured me through our mind-link, his grip on my hand tightening. 'I won't let anyone hurt you.'