Chapter: 6

*picture of Luke

C A L L U M

𓃢

It felt as though I had barely drifted into slumber when a hand began to trail slowly up my chest, rousing me from sleep.

Even before opening my eyes, I sensed her presence. She wasn't supposed to be in my bed. As my eyelids fluttered open, her lips immediately found mine, her blonde hair cascading over my face.

A sigh of pleasure escaped her lips as she manoeuvred on top of me to deepen the kiss. Sensing her hand moving down my chest to rest on my groin, I pulled away abruptly, making her whimper in the process.

"That's enough," I commanded, ignoring the pout that formed on her lips. "Why are you still here?"

Chelsea's brown eyes darkened in dissatisfaction. "I was just on my way," she whined, casting a longing glance down at me. "I'll see you this evening."

With that, she leaned in to kiss me, but I subtly turned my head, causing her to pause momentarily. Rather than taking offence, Chelsea planted a kiss near the corner of my mouth, lingering for a moment before pulling away.

Swiftly gathering her belongings, she exited the room in a matter of seconds, finally giving me room to breathe.

My wolf disliked my arrangement with Chelsea, only engaging with her for physical release. He urged me to search the world for our true mate and not rest until we found her.

But Chelsea's presence provided a means of release while allowing me to maintain focus on leading my pack.

Last night had proved otherwise. I didn't want to lead her on. She wasn't supposed to stay overnight. I had made that clear. Not clear enough, my wolf countered.

She was well aware of the boundaries I had set from the outset of our arrangement. She was only welcome in my bed when I sought physical release.

Even though, she had breached the rule of refraining from overnight stay, I made it an exception, given I had repeatedly thrusted in to her until early hours of the morning. Somehow, I couldn't find my release.

Checking the time on the nightstand, I noted it was already six in the morning, prompting me to rise from the bed.

After taking a shower and starting to prepare a cup of coffee, I sensed Felix's presence in my kitchen.

Glancing at him, I inquired, "Any updates?"

My beta appeared hesitant, before speaking. "One of my acquaintances is seeking permission to enter our territory."

Surprised, I questioned, "And what reason does your acquaintance have for coming here?"

"He wishes to see the hybrid," my beta honestly revealed, wincing. "It seems he's friends with her."

His words made me frown. Felix was my most trusted confidant, well versed in the pack's regulations. I couldn't help but question why he would entertain such a request.

He knew the answer would be no.

"Who is this friend of yours?" I inquired, my curiosity piqued.