First Job

Chapter 9

~~~~~

POV: You

Part 1.

It's been about a week since I was introduced to Maine and his crew. Gloria is no longer in the hospital, however rest is still very much needed for her. I'm taking care of the expenses and debt that she's racked up. My savings account definitely took a dent over the past over the past week and a half since the accident happened. Not that I had any real use for the money at the moment. I don't use my money for much, for a cyberpunk I live pretty simple so no excess expenses like cyberware has ever been a problem for me. I'm at Gloria and David's apartment, cooking some breakfast. David was in his room, doing whatever the fuck he's doing.

"Sobrino, you don't have to make breakfast, you've done enough for us" Gloria says from the couch.

"It's alright, it's nothing to me" I say "You're out of commission for the time being so who else is gonna take care of you and David?"

"I'm only going to be out for maybe another week or two. We'll figure it out" Gloria states.

"Not on my watch, and I don't want you going back to your old job" I tell her.

"I'll be fine (Y/n)" She tells me.

"What? So you can go back to living paycheck to paycheck and stripping cyberware to sell on the black market to barely get by?" I question her from the stove "I'm not going to allow that"

"Don't be like that, we'll only be taking advantage of you. I know all that money you saved up and spent on taking care of me and my debt was for. For the day that you'll leave night city" Gloria says as she sits up.

I cross my arms "Did you think that you and David weren't on my mind? Mom and Dad may not of had the chance to get out of here but hell, if I can I'm getting you two out with me" I tell her. She sees the determination my face, and she knows I'm telling the truth.

Gloria sighs "You are so much like your father" She says.

"Yeah, well he taught me a lot" I say.

"Then what should I do? I can't let you keep paying for everything?" Gloria says.

"I can and I will if need be, it's no weight on me to do so" I tell her.

"Let me become a cyberpunk" We hear David say, Gloria and I turn our heads to see David at the door to his room "If I become a cyberpunk I can support Mom and I"

"No D, I won't let you" Gloria says.

"Just because you got cyberware doesn't mean you are fit to become a cyberpunk David" I tell him.

"Then teach me, I can support mom and protect her too" David exclaims.

"I've been living the life David, you won't cut it" I tell him.

"Don't go playing high and mighty choom! Just cause you let your parents die doesn't mean I want mine dead!" David shouts at me.

I activate my sandevistan, David got just pissed me off. I run in front of him and pulled out my overture and disengaged my sandevistan as I put the barrel to his chin. Gloria was mortified at the sight. I had iron to her son. David stared me down, conviction flowing through his blood. Not a single muscle twitch.

"(Y/n), please don't" Gloria says while covering her mouth in disbelief.

"You really think you got what it takes to do what I do? A normal cyberpunk would have pulled the trigger. You should be thanking god that I have principles I live by and morality instilled in me, and also the ability to hold myself back" I tell him, gritting my teeth as I spoke "How much do you want to become a cyberpunk David?"