Picksocket

Chapter 6

~~~~~

POV: You

Part 1.

I stood on the platform at the tram , waiting for the tram to come. I had Lucky Lu and my Overture in my coat. Just because it's easy to buy a gun in night city doesn't mean you should be showing it off. That causes trouble.

"What's taking so damn long?" I question to myself while tapping my foot.

A few minutes later the tram pull into the station. I walk into the tram, into one of the middle cars. I take a hold of one of the poles and looked out at the skyline. The tram began to move, slowly at first before picking up some speed. I stood there, minding my own business. My human instincts kicked in and a sensation of something be off got me to look around.

I then notice a girl, short white hair with long tips. She stood at the end of the car behind a business man. A chip from one of the guy's slots come flying out and landed right into her hand before she walked away.

 A chip from one of the guy's slots come flying out and landed right into her hand before she walked away

"Chip thief" I thought before shaking my head "It's none of my business how some people make a living. I'm a cyberpunk for Christ sake"

I went back to looking outside the tram. A minute later, I feel the offsetting presence again. Instead of just looking, I engage my Sandevistan. I turn around to see girl and a chip from one of my slots about to fly into her hand. I get in front of her and grab her wrist. I then disengage my Sandevistan and time goes back to normal. She looks at me in surprise.

"I let it slide that you stole from others, however, I won't let it when you're stealing from me" I tell the girl in a quiet yet serious voice.

"Tch" She then flicks my hand off before grabbing my wrist "C'mon"

The girl pulls me into the nearest compartment between two of the tram cars. Once the door closed she crossed her arms while looking at me.

"What's your deal? Your messen' with my work" She questions me.

"Picksocketing me, that's my deal" I state to her.

"What? Gonna cuff me?" She asks.

"No. But I am gonna take my chip back" I tell her.

I go to grab the hand she had my chip in. She grabs my wrist then turns me around and slams me against the other door. At the same time, she had wrapped mono wire around my neck. For a girl her size, she knows how to use their body against them.

"My, look at what we got here?" She says as she leaned close to my neck and her chest against my back, it was impossible for her not to feel Lucky Lu "Kiroshi Optics and a Sandevistan? Pray tell on where you got one of those?"

"Does it matter?" I question.

"I doesn't have the specs of any I've seen" She states "With the gun I feel on your back, you must be a merc? Yet, you don't have the cybernetics of one. What kind of cyberpunk are you?"