Chapter 3: Hidden Simping

Lucifer's pov:

Over the past few weeks I've spent at the hotel, I had Angel teach me how to flirt. Although he did seem very confused about it, he didn't question it since it was me asking. Other than that, I helped Charlie and Nifty run some chores around the hotel. Charlie told me that usually it was Alastor who did this with them, but lately he hasn't been outside his room except when it was time to eat, or sometimes he didn't come down at all. It was pretty weird, at least to me, he didn't seem like the shy type of guy, so why hasn't he been going out since I arrived? Even his broadcasts are being heard less than often these past few days. It was almost like he was avoiding everyone since I arrived. Other than that, he seemed to have no respect for me whatsoever, always teasing and making me look stupid in front of others. Though, I can't help but find his teasing quite... endearing.

Early in the afternoon, I was helping Charlie out with cooking some venison. "Dad, did you know this is Alastor's favorite? I've never see him eat any other meat. Well, besides human flesh..." she informs me. "Hm? That can't be right.. From what I recall when I was watching him in the mortal realm, his favorite was jambalaya.." I thought to myself as Charlie sprinkled some rosemary on top. "That smells delicious applepie, I'm sure he'd like it a lot." I place my hand on her shoulder as she looked at me with practically glowing eyes. "Really you think so Dad? I really miss his company, he used to help  me a lot, but these past few weeks, he hasn't been going out of his room a lot.." I hug her gently as she hugged me back. "How about I request him myself? I'm sure he won't refuse." I suggested to her, "Really? Thanks dad! The only reason we haven't been near his room is because he hates getting disturbed. So, it might be better to knock first!" she informs me. I nod in agreement as I turn my back and begin to walk away.

As I walk out the kitchen to head upstairs, I think about what I was going to do. The only reason I suggested this in the first place is because I wanted to talk to him one-on-one, and maybe even become friends. I slowly started to go up the steps, thinking about what I was going to say. I strolled across the hallway and towards his room. This was getting a bit nerve-wracking. Considering my often nervous and hesitant attitude towards him, I might just screw this up before I even start. But I never really publicly admitted that to anyone, to everyone else, I just looked like I was annoyed and confident. I arrive in front of his door, trying to look more confident and cool. I took a deep breath as I knocked on his door.

———————

Alastor's pov:

Over the past few weeks, I haven't been going out of my room often, usually keeping my shadow by my side for companionship. It hasn't been easy using my shadow to sneak out the window without getting noticed by Lucifer. I often stayed at Rosie's house for tea and made a few broadcasts in my radio tower, which I have lately neglected due to a few demons who have been pestering me nonstop. They have been following me when I am walking around in the shadows, of course, I know that they were Vox's minions, which wasn't difficult to ascertain due to the little cameras embedded in their heads. Though I can't help but thank Vox. Even though their heads were cameras, their fleshy body remained the same. It was basically like free food for me. At the few times I have stayed at the hotel, I was usually asleep, watching them with my shadow, or going down to dine with them occasionally. From what I've heard from the others, it seems like Lucifer was taking over my duties to look after Charlie, how nice for a father to do when he wasn't even present in his daughter's life most of the time.

On one such occasion when I was fixing my bow, I heard a soft knock on the door, I knew instantly it was Lucifer. No one else would have the guts to approach my room. I sigh to myself, "What could the King of Hell want with my presence?" I ask myself as I reach for my staff before opening the door. I look down on Lucifer as he looks up at me with confidence and vigor. "Why is he acting like this? What does he want from me?" I thought to myself. "Greetings, shorty! To what do I owe the displeasure of your 'kingly' presence?" I ask in a sarcastic mocking tone, bending so that I can look down at him to taint him further.