Chapter 2: The Hotel

"Dad!" Charlie runs and hugs her father who had just arrived. "So glad you could make it!" she giggles and looks up to see her smiling father. "Of course my little applepie. Daddy will never miss such an important event such as your hotel opening!" Lucifer replies in an optimistic voice, patting Charlie on her back. Charlie pulls away and looks at him with the most sparkly eyes he has ever seen, even brighter than the angels' in heaven. "Alright dear, it's clear that you're excited for your little project here." he chuckles lightly and gestures to the hotel, "How about you show me around here?" he suggests excitedly."Oh, of course dad! Come in!" she stands to the side while gesturing for him to come in. It was evident that she was so excited.

———————

Lucifer's pov:

I walk in and see the most.. weird place I've ever even seen. It was pretty rundown, but it was clean. It had a few posters hanging 'Welcum to the Hazbin Hotel!' written in a sparkly font. "Did Charlie really do all this? Kind of  surprising considering it's only been a few weeks since she left home." I thought to myself curiously as I leaned on my staff. "Ah, well Charlie dear, how about you introduce me to your staff?" I suggest,"Maybe someone is helping her." I think. "Sure dad! Hey guys! Come meet my dad!" she yells out, making a group of sinners come from some of the hotel rooms. I was a bit surprised to see that Charlie's hotel already had a few residents.

Charlie walks over to one that looks like a cat with wings and a tophat. "Dad, this is Husk. He's our bartender!" she introduces him. "..pleased to meet you sir.." he grumbles, bowing down slightly before slightly raising the bottle of alcohol he had in his paws to drink, but then stops mid-way and begins to silently curse someone who keeps preventing him from drinking in front of guests. He didn't really look very friendly nor very qualified to be a bartender. Charlie chuckles nervously, "Sorry dad, Husk can be a little.. ehm.. disrespectful sometimes... but I promise- he's really nice!" she comments in a bit of a nervous tone. Husk just growls and leaves to take his place in the bar that looked oddly out of place from everything here.

Charlie walks over to a tall, four-armed spider who looks like a- takes exotic jobs. "And this is Angel! He's our promotor! He's really famous, and he'a our first resident!" she tells me. I realize that on the way, I had seen a poster with some.. explicit content, and it turns out the model in the picture is this guy? He bent over and put his two bottom hands on his knees to look at me. "What? Is this guy mocking me or something?" I thought to myself as I raised my eyebrow. "Woah toots, ya didn't tell me your daddy was this hot~" he says in a flirty, annoying tone. "Sorry, not interested." I brush him off with a small laugh. "Ooo~ kinky~" he remarks flirtatiously before being pushed away by Charlie. "Alright well, let's move on!" Charlie cuts in, leading me to someone who looked like a moth, and also a fallen angel.

Turns out that moth girl was Vagatha or Vaggie, Charlie's girlfriend. "Hello, I'm Vaggie and.. I'm Charlie's girlfriend." she said in a quiet, kind of nervous tone. I chuckle heartily, she seems like the type to always be serious, and protect my daughter. "Don't bother with the honorifics. Please just call me Lucifer, you're part of the family now!" I reply, a kind, or what I think is a kind smile on my face. She smiles as well, but this one looked genuine and really happy. "Thank you, Lucifer. I'll be sure to treat your daughter well." I nod in approval to this, she was really nice and seemed dependable.

Next, she introduces me to Nifty, a little bug demon I found quite adorable at first glance. "Oooo~ you're a bad boy~!" She squeals in excitement, leaving me really confused. "Dad, this is Nifty, she's the one who cleans every nook and cranny of the hotel. She's really helpful and cute!" Charlie announces proudly. I look around, it really did seem to be very clean around, the structure itself was the thing that was making it look bad. Suddenly she twitched, "Whoops! I hear some insects scurrying around upstairs... it's time that I kill the children in front of their parents!" and with a little maniacal laughter, she scurried off quickly. She was a bit strange but it's pretty clear that she was more dedicated to her job than anyone I've met so far.