An Official Welcome

The next morning quickly rolled around—and I was the last one to get up. It was the moment of truth, the time to find out if this was one realistic fucking dream or my reality now...

"Y/N?" Someone asked, "Y/N, get up," the voice spoke again and I stirred, my eyes open a squint as bright golden sunlight lit the center of the room. There was a figure standing on the ladder of the bunk bed, looking at me.

After I fully came around, I opened my eyes fully and realized who the figure was. It was Clementine—so it wasn't a dream? 'It wasn't a dream!' I thought to myself and instantly smiled, sitting up with a sudden burst of energy. "Good morning," I said and looked over at her.

"Good morning!" Clementine chuckled, "You're one heavy sleeper for a person who's lived so long through the apocalypse," she said with a small smile.

"I guess so," I snickered a bit, "this was my first time in ages sleeping in a bed, though," I reminded her—even though technically I was in a bed the night before—I just woke up on the ground against a log...

"Fair enough, you got me there," Clementine said and climbed down the ladder and stood in the middle of the room. "AJ's waiting for us in the hall. He can't wait to talk to Marlon about us staying," She informed me.

I nodded and climbed down the ladder, before stretching a bit. I was too used to sleeping in fluffy pajama pants and a T-shirt...but last night I slept in jeans and...a T-shirt. I guess that was the only similarity—but I was also used to brushing my hair and teeth when I got up...but those were habits I'd have to let go of, even if they were good.

"Is Y/N finally up?" AJ asked after opening the bedroom door, and he beamed when he saw me standing in the middle of the room with Clementine. "C'mon, c'mon!" He urged before stepping back out in the hall excitedly.

Clementine and I looked at each other with a smile and shook our heads, before we walked out of the room. I shut the door since I was the last one out, and AJ was already down the hall so we could go to the admin building where Marlon resided.

Soon enough, we were climbing the grand staircase—AJ ahead of Clementine and I. When we got to the first landing, before a large window that bathed us in golden sunlight, AJ stopped and looked at us.

"He's gonna let us stay, right?" He asked, referring to Marlon.

"I guess we're gonna find out. Let's find his office," Clementine said.

"It's probably the old Headmaster's office, so if we find a room that has a sign on it or big fancy doors—it shouldn't be too hard to locate," I chuckled.

"Oh, I know where it is! I'll show you," AJ said and quickly turned to lead us to the room we were looking for.

"That's even better," I chuckled as we went to follow AJ, who ran up one of the other flights of stairs.

"Up here!" He said to us as we made our way behind him. "C'mon, guys! It's this way."

AJ ran down the hall and I chuckled, he was so excited to the point he wasn't giving us a chance to really follow him.

"Hey, AJ—wait up!" Clementine said, and we walked up to a set of double doors. The right hand one was open, and AJ was inside the room.

"Tenn's here," AJ said happily, before sitting with his friend.

"I told you, just look for big double doors," I teased and she rolled her eyes before we walked in.

That was when Tenn looked up at us with a small smile. He was playing with toy cars and little action figures. "Hey Clem, hey Y/N." He said as she walked in, and I followed behind her. "Thanks for the pencils. I missed having colors."