7

Luke

hey.

hi?

do you think you could
pick me up and drive me
to class? It's okay if not!

what time does
your class start?

11:45.

I'll be there in 30 minutes.

you're the best.
thank you!

anytime sweetheart.😉

——————

Luke picks me up 30 minutes later and gives me a lift to class.

"Do you need a ride home too?"

"Yes..." I tell him embarrassed.

"What time does this class end?" He asks.

"1:00."

"See you at one." He winks at me as I get out of the car.

"You are actually so perfect." I joke starting to blow kisses at him and begin to walk into the boring lecture hall.

My class ends a little bit early, so Luke isn't here yet. I decided to just wait on the steps going into the lecture hall for him, he said he would be 5 minutes since he didn't know it was ending early. I'm scrolling through instagram when I feel a figure sit beside me. I turn my head and meet eyes with this man. "You need a ride home?" I shake my head confidently.

"My ride is coming." I send him a warm smile hoping he would get the hint.

"I can keep you company." He mentions putting his hand on my thigh rubbing it back and forth. I stand up quickly.

"No, I'm good." I say in a harsher tone and begin to walk down the steps.

"Hey! I was just playing around." The man grabs my hand, which I quickly jerk back and begin to run away. He doesn't chase after me, but I wanted to get as much distance from him as possible.

"Are you okay?" Blake Corum asks. He's on the football team and I just had a class with him.

"No." I let out a deep breath, "Can you give me a ride home?" He nods his head quickly, and I open the door and buckle up.

I say bye to Blake and give him and quick 'thank you' before entering my apartment. Daphne isn't here, so I assume she is probably out with Ethan right now. I plug my phone in on the kitchen counter and head to my bed to take a quick nap. I need it after what I just experienced.

I wake up about an hour later, and Daphne still isn't home. I go to the counter to get my phone and my phone is filled with notifications from Luke. I call him back and he answers almost instantly.

"Where were you?" He asks angrily.

"I'm home. What are you talking about?" I ask him confused.

"I was supposed to pick you up, and you weren't there. I thought you got kidnapped!"

Shit. "I'm sorry. I totally forgot to tell you. Blake Corum gave me a ride home. Some things happened and he offered, I completely forgot to tell you." I don't want to bring it up to him and worry him.

"Okay." His tone of voice is now annoyed. What is he annoyed about?

"Are we okay?"

"Yea. Bye." He is still annoyed.

"Uh bye?" And then he hangs up. Why is he so upset?

Daphne finally comes home with Ethan right behind her. They're laughing when they come in. Which is adorable considering Daphne doesn't like hockey boys and apparently Ethan never settles with a girl. "Hey Georgia." Ethan greets me. I smile back at him and look to Daphne who is putting her keys and purse on the counter.

"We're going to watch a movie, if that is okay with you? You can watch it with us if you want, but you don't have to." She offers. I shake my head, knowing that Ethan obviously wants alone time with her.

"Actually, I'm going to go to the library. I have some research to do for my writing class anyways." I grab all my studying materials and my key and head out the door. The walk from my dorm to the library is only about 5 minutes but it's pitch black outside. I keep on hearing noises behind me, but I think it's just my imagination... or the wind.

The library only has about 5 people in it. At this time most people are partying or getting ready for a party. Most people right now are probably getting ready for the football tailgate tomorrow. It's supposed to be a really big thing here. I mean it was in Tennessee too, but all colleges are different, so you never really know what to expect.

I take out all of my stuff to study when I notice Luke at a table talking to someone across the library. I of course have to go say hi to him so I get up and walk towards him. He's with a girl, but I'm not going to be long, just wanted to say hi.

"Hey stranger." I smile at him and send a polite smile towards the girl.

"Hey..." he says slowly.

"Hi." The girl says to me in an arrogant tone. "We are in the middle of something can't you see?"

"Oh..." my tone of voice completely drops, "Sorry. Didn't realize you guys were busy." I put my hands up in defense. Luke has this guilty look on his face like he feels bad about something. I turn around to go back to my table and leave them being when Luke comes up next to me. I look at Luke and look back to the girl whose jaw is now dropped. "What are you doing?" I whisper.

"Talking to you." I take a seat at my table and he sits across from me.

"But I thought you were talking about something important?"

"Not that important." He shrugs laughing.

We talk for a little while before another person comes to our table. "Hey crazy. Are you doing the assignment Professor Little assigned us?" Blake Corum asks me.

"Yup." I sigh. Luke looks slightly annoyed now. Is he annoyed by Blake's presence?

Blake takes a seat next to me and pulls out some of his work too. "Could you proofread what I have?"

"Sure." I smile. I notice Luke roll his eyes and stand up. "Where are you going?" I ask him.

"Home. Done studying for the night." He states roughly, grabbing his stuff and heading for the library doors.

I continue to work on my writing assignment with Blake... unsure of what to do next.

———————

Literally stuck at a point. I don't know what to do... but next chapter I'll try to start some beef... I don't know where I'm going with this but I'll make it interesting. Love you!