5

"How was class?" Daphne asks from the couch as I enter our dorm room.

"Fine. Intro to sports management lowkey sucks when you basically know everything."

"Anything fun happen?" She asks. It's like she knows Luke Hughes is in my class.

"It's a long story. But somehow I got stuck with Luke Hughes being my partner for the rest of the semester for projects." I shrug placing my books down on the coffee table.

"Um, what!" She shrieks excitedly. "Well, that's kind of perfect, because there is a party tonight, that Luke is hosting. Kind of like a first day of classes party, everyone will be there! We have to go!" She pushes my arm.

"I don't know." I tell her unsure.

"C'mon, please?" She begs me.

She gives me these stupid fake puppy dog eyes and for some reason they work and I cave, "Fine." I roll my eyes and she stands up and does a victory dance. "You suck."

"I literally can't wait. We'll start getting ready at 7?" She asks. I simply just give her a thumbs up and turn on Netflix.

I enter the house that is filled with people. I'm wearing a white body suit with black leather pants. Daphne is wearing ripped jeans and a cropped long sleeve top. Just like last time as soon as we enter I lose Daphne. Next time I'm going to hold her hand.

"There she is!" Ethan exclaims as I meet eyes with him.

"Me?" I question pointing to myself. He puts an arm around me and guides me over to where Luke is.

"Luke I won't be your cup pong partner, but she will." And then he leaves. Luke lifts an eyebrow and I just shrug.

"Okay we are playing against Dylan and Rutger. We cannot lose." He threatens.

"What happens if we lose?"

"Losers have to skinny dip in the lake." The boy, Dylan, says from the other end of the table.

"And I don't know about you, but I'm not too big on skinny dipping." Luke tells me. I nod my head giving him a reassuring look, letting him know I got this.

"Are we playing if we keep on making it we keep going?" I ask. Luke looks over to Dylan and Rutger and they both nod their head. "Yup."

"Perfect." I smirk, knowing I am amazing at this game.

Luke and I go first, I drain my ball and his ball bobbles a little but makes it in the cup. I sink my next ball into the cup, however Luke misses, so now it's their turn.

Rutger makes his and so does Dylan. Rutger misses his second one. We are one cup ahead of them. We have 7 left they have 8. I make mine and so does Luke. I make the next one and so does Luke. 3 cups remaining. I drain mine and Luke does the same with his next one too. We have one cup left, and it's up to me to make it so we win. I take a small deep breath and take the shot. I watch as the ball spins around the rim of the cup, but eventually falls in. I look at Dylan and Rutger who are in complete shock. I turn to Luke to give him a high five instead he picks me up and holds me tight and spins me around. I can't help but let out a laugh.

"You were amazing! How did you learn how to play cup pong like that?" He asks as we make our way over to the kitchen.

"Hidden talent of mine." I shrug as he hands me a beer and we head over to the living room couch.

"Pretty amazing talent." We both sit down next to each other on the couch.

*Luke Hughes*

We sit in "silence" for a little while before deciding that now was a good time to ask for her number. I mean I have an excuse on wanting it, and it's pretty valid, so it won't be awkward. Or shouldn't be awkward at least. "Hey, since we are doing this project together I should get your number." She looks at me and her eyes widen in surprise.

"Mmhhmmm." She hums taking a sip of her beer that I got her.

A few seconds go by and she still hasn't said anything about the phone number. "Um, so can I get your number?"

She begins to choke on her drink and coughs for at least ten seconds. "Uh- sorry yea." She finally spits out. She gives me her number which I repeat back to her and she confirms is the correct digits.

"Listen, ice hockey season starts on October 1, so my schedule will become a lot more busy because I'll have more practices and games, so just thought I should warn you. We will have to work around that." I explain to her. She gives me an understanding nod.

"No worries. We should probably at least get started before the season, so we have something to build off of when your schedule gets busy." She smiles at me. Her big cheesy smile backs me crack a smile right back at her.

"Thank you," she looks at me her brows furrowed together, "for understanding." I elaborate.

"Trust me I get it." She mutters, chuckling at the end.

*Ethan's pov*

I'm in the kitchen getting a beer when someone shoves me from behind, and I fall forward slightly. Luckily I was able to catch myself. I turn around to find a girl on the floor and I immediately help her up. As soon as she gets up and begins wiping her self down I recognize who she is. "Wait, you're Georgia's friend, right?"

She nods her head, "Yup, I'm Daphne. How do you know me again?"

"I drove you home. You forgot your phone in my car. I'm Ethan." I hold out my hand, which she shakes in return.

"Nice to meet you."

"Are you drunk this time?" I ask her jokingly.

"I took it light this time, considering last time I wasn't sober enough to wake up and remember what happened. I like to remember my nights." She winks at me. I let out a laugh.

I get out my phone and open up my contacts, "Well, I should probably get your number then." I hand her my phone, which she takes suspiciously, before raising her brow. "For next time, when you need a ride somewhere. I chauffeur half the campus anyways, it's no big deal adding one more stop to my route." I wink at her. She's gorgeous. Her dark brown eyes, with her long brown hair matches perfectly with her features and I can't help but stare at her. She's perfect.

She types her number in my phone and hands it back to me, "I might just take you up on that offer." She turns around and leaves the kitchen without saying anything else. She's playing hard to get.

*Luke's pov*

"So what made you want to transfer colleges?" I ask her.

"Wanted change." She states shortly.

"Understandable. Well, you came to the right place then. Michigan is full of change." I try to be subtle with my flirting, but I almost think I'm being too subtle.

Suddenly a girl with long brown hair waves Georgia over. "Give me one second." She holds her pointer finger up to my face, and then heads over to her friend.

She comes back a few moments later and lets me know she is leaving, "Hey, it's getting late, and she has class tomorrow, we're going to head home."

"Do you want me to walk you guys home?" I question.

She looks at her friend whose expression is uncaring, "If you want." She shrugs.

"Yea, I do. Let me just grab my coat." I run upstairs and grab my coat from my closet, before meeting them at the door and leaving.

———————

Sorry this is lowkey boring but I am so tired and I wanted to get you a chapter in. Unsure of when my next chapter will come out. Im super busy, but lmk if you guys liked it!

Love you all.