Chapter 19

12 March 2025

Kai's Pov

"I went to the location you told me and my husband wasn't there."  My voice-mail had rang.

This mans wife had been calling my phone for days now, desperately trying to find her husband. It was getting irritating and I knew eventually I'd need to get back to her but that'll come when it needs to be done.

Truth be told I had no true nor real intention in them ever connecting or finding each other again. This Is not a romance movie with a happy ending. I was in control. I decided who lived and who didn't. Everything. All that power. It all belonged to me and only me. And I wanted him to suffer. I wanted him to feel the pain of knowing that whilst his wife is tirelessly looking for him, when he is right here in no control of his movements. I want nothing but for him to feel the pain I felt the moment he took away her... Muquin. (Mother)

"Meneer your dear wife wants you to come back home." He huffed and puffed at what I said. "Let me see her. I miss my vrou." *my wife* I chuckled at him as he pleaded.

Desperation can make anyone do anything and he is in a postion that i is not use to or familiar with.

Begging.

It was an amazing sight to see how a person could squirm, just because they are desperate and don't see another way out. But I can't keep him in here forever. That's not the plan now. This is just for pure enjoyment.

You see once I get rid of him, I am free of all the demons that were after me. I'm bringing dignity back to our family name and sending a message to anyone and everyone: never fuck with this family again. Simply just a friendly warning.

"Meneer I'll let you call your wife." He went silent. Something my ears were not so use to hearing during these past few weeks he had been here. All the time he spend here concluded of him threatening me imagine and crying aloud like a baby, but nobody could ever hear his cries and come to save him. All alone, the way u felt when I lost her. "Really." He said softly in confusion, "Yes, I Have no reason to not."

I dialed his wife's number -the one she had been blowing up my phone with- an after the first ring she had picked up. "Where is he." She shouted and demaned on the other end of her line as I put the speaker phone. "Ek is hier my liefde"(I am here my love.) He said sniffing in after all that crying, "Wanneer will jy by die huis Kom?" (When are you going to come home.) She asked relieved to hear her husband's voice, "binnekort my lief. Gee my tyd en ek sal daar wees voor jy dit weet." (soon my love. Give me time and I'll be there before you know it.) He tried reassuring her which didn't really work, "Waar is jy Erik?" (Where are you Erik) she demanded to know, "Ek nie weet nie my liefde, maar die seun dat jy het gesien het vir my geontvoer." (I don't know my love but the boy that came to see you kidnapped me.) You could hear her sobs at the end of her line. They said their goodbye and I took back the phone, "Do you want him back?" I asked her and she let out a desperate yes. "I'll send you a location, meet me there at 7pm tonight and you'll have your husband in your arms. Make sure to come alone, I don't like loose mouths nor curious eyes there." "dis 'n lokval." (Its a trap) he yelled out but I ignored him and continued talking, "I'm the only one that can bring him back so I'd rather you listen to me or you'll never see him again." And with that I hung up the phone.

She did trying ringing me again, but I had put the phone on silent. I didn't need the distraction. I already did more than I needed to.

"Take him to where it'll go down. Don't fuck up this plan." I instructed my men and they left to get it done. "Don't worry Erik, you'll be with your wife very, very soon." I whispered with a smirk plastered all over my face.