𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 10

Qualifiers are today and I have been in the worst mood ever

Qualifiers are today and I have been in the worst mood ever. It started this morning when I woke up late for practice before we hit the road. Will woke me up and I started freaking out that I overslept. I drove like a maniac toward the ice rink until I got there. First thing I saw when I got inside was my dad talking to the coach and that alone made me even angrier.

After an hour of practice with Alexei, I skated towards the exit of the ring where my dad and Camilla are.

"Kat that was a great performance out there. I'm excited to see you perform tonight." I glare at my sperm donor ignoring him and turn towards Camilla.

"What time are we leaving?" She looks down at her watch and grins looking up at me.

"In approximately 2 hours. Don't forget your dress and please do not forget your skates." I roll my eyes as I place my skate guards on.

"Don't be late again." Coach yells behind me making me almost trip.

"What the hell happened this morning?"Alexei ask while he crouches down to remove his skates.

"I don't know how. but I freaking over slept. Me oversleeping!" I groan lifting my foot on the bench and undoing my laces. I remove my skates and wipe them down.

"Who's your mom driving with to UCI?" Alexei asks and I shrug.

"I was going to ask one of the boys since they are also coming?" What I said earned Alexei's attention cause he almost breaks his neck turning towards me with he speed of wind.

"Grayson will be there?" I grin nodding my head up and down.

"I need to look good cause that man is too fine. Literally all I think about day and night Kat. It's unhealthy." I chuckle pushing him off the bench.

" I'm probably going to ask Will but definitely not asking Aiden." Alexei lets out a chuckle and move his eyebrows up and down in a suggestive manner.

"Stop" I say punching his chest in a joking manner. "Besides, i'm pretty sure he hates me." my smile drops as i sit down and stare ahead at Maddie doing her routine.

"Yeah, no. That guys has it bad for you. You can tell by the way he looks at you. You are just to oblivious." I scoff

"No he doesn't. He won't even look at me and what do i do? I turn into a mush and can't even form proper sentences the moment that his thigh touches mine." Alexei grins at me and i hit him again.

"Stop looking at me like that. It's creepy." i say faking a shudder.

"I'm sorry. It's just been so long since you've been infatuated by someone like this. It's new. I like it." I give him a smile and give my attention to Maddie again, right as she lands a triple lux.

"Yess Maddie." I yell clapping my hands. She blows me and Alexei a kiss and continues her choreography.

"Okay i'm going to start heading out to UCI and find my mom a ride. I will see you there. We will do amazing. We go this." I give Alexei a hug and walk out of the building towards the parking lot.

"Hi sweetie! Can i catch a ride with you?" I groan in my head at my fathers voice but i'm going to keep a positive mindset today so i just nod.

"I'll drive." He says holding his palm up. I place the jeep keys in his palm and walk towards the passenger side. My dad enters the car and turns it on, pulling out of the parking spot and towards my place.

We've been driving for about ten minutes and for the first time in forever it doesn't feel awkward.

" Look Kat. I know you don't like me and i don't blame you. I haven't been there for so much of your life and there is no excuse, but you have to believe me when i say i didn't know you existed."

I scoff at my fathers words looking out of the window.

"How could you not know?" I ask annoyed at his bullshit.

"Four weeks ago i went home late after talking to the dean of your school and Trisha had a meltdown. She told me that this is why she burned that letter 20 years ago, so no one could take me away from her, but somehow you still showed up into my life. I was confused and asked her what letter and because she was drunk she told me the letter your mom sent telling me i had a daughter."

My heart starts hammering in my chest and i could feel a panic attack coming up. He didn't know! He wasn't lying.

"You know when the news broke of what happened to you in the olympics, the minute i saw your moms name. I knew. I knew you were mine. That's why i entered your life like that and it was wrong of me. But i was so mad at your mom for keeping you hidden from me, that in the process i hurt you." I wipe the tears that fell in my cheek as i try to keep my shit together.

"I love you Kat and i will spend the rest of my life to earn that love back from you." I nod trying to hold myself together.

My father parks in front of my house and i get out first.

"Are you coming to see me compete?"I ask my voice barely a whisper. He nods with a smile on his face.

"I wouldn't miss it for the world." I nod grinning at him. "Is Trish coming?" My dad shakes his head no.

"She won't be around anymore. I cant't forgive her for what she did. What it cost me." I nod understanding.

I walk through the doors my dad following right behind me.

"Kat can i talk to you please?" Will screams jumping over the coach and running towards me. I grin as he takes my hand and pulls me int he hallway.

"I'm begging you please, with extra cherries on top, please drive with me and Maddie." I chuckle slapping the back of his head.

"What's the catch?" i ask crossing my arms in front of my chest. " Aiden will be the one driving." I slap him again and he winces. "Sorry" I say rubbing his arm.

"Are you out of your mind? He hates me right now after that kiss." Will stand up straight and frowns. "What kiss?" He asks confused and i slap a hand on my mouth.

"You kissed Knight?" Will whisper yells and i shrug. "Technically, he kissed me but yeah i did kiss him back." Will rubs his temple whispering what the fuck.

"That's why he keeps acting like he has a stick stuck up his butt." I chuckle at his comment walking towards the kitchen and putting things away.

"Please just ride with us. I will make it fun." Will says pleading with me. "Will what about my mom?" I ask grabbing some carrots from the fridge.

"I can drive with your mom. We need some catching up tp do anyways." My father says taking one of my carrots and bitting it.

"Mom are you sure?" She nods giving me a firm smile. " Yeah honey, you go ahead." I nod turning to Will.

"You owe me big time." Will pumps his fist in the air and warps his arms around me hugging me.

"Thank you." he says planting a kiss on my cheek. I push him away with a grin on my face and walk upstairs to get ready for our roadtrip. Dreading every moment i get to spend with Aiden in the car.

Will owes me his life for this and he will definitely pay.

Thank you for reading my book. Don't forget to vote please! QUALIFIERS!!!

Xoxo Arseda