CHAPTER 8 - HONOR AND DIGNITY

Ragnarok Audience

In one corner of the audience, Zeus, in his child form, and Hercules with his towering muscles, both observed the arena attentively. Especially Hercules, who was more serious than his father.

— What does that fool think she's doing? Does she really believe she can handle Despina without using Völundr? She's too proud, but that's too much; she's going to get herself killed! — Zeus said, annoyed as Mulan sheathed her swords.

— Do you really think so, Father? I believe she holds an ace up her sleeve. Perhaps she has the strength to fight bare-handed, like Bruce Lee. Otherwise, why willingly put herself at a disadvantage? — Hercules responded to Zeus, a tall man with dark skin and hair, displaying a serious demeanor. He wore loose pants, a short tunic, and white bands, shirtless to showcase the symbols of his 13 Labors, revealing battle scars. He wore black cloth bracelets on his forearms and a golden ring on his left bicep to control his muscles.

(Representation)

— You may be right, Hercules, but Poseidon swore victory would be ours in this round

— You may be right, Hercules, but Poseidon swore victory would be ours in this round. We trust him, and Despina carries the pride of us gods on her shoulders. She must win to honor her father, her name, and us. — Zeus replied to Hercules' opinion.

— All for a promise made without her consent. It's situations like these that make me dislike Poseidon. — Hercules concluded.

Meanwhile, in his room, Bruce Lee watched the fight attentively on a holographic screen.

— So, she's going first? Too bad I didn't have a chance to do that in my battle. — Bruce Lee spoke alone in a neutral yet confident tone.

In the front row of the audience, closer to the arena, sat a row of humans, including the emperor who relinquished the throne to Mulan.

— Mulan, I know you're a hero capable of the impossible, but don't try to fight unarmed! You're one of the most skilled swordswomen in history. Why waste your gift? — the emperor shouted in the hope that Mulan could hear.

In the arena, Despina was a bit confused but knew Mulan wouldn't willingly put herself at a disadvantage. She approached Mulan until she had to stop and observe.

— Skälmold, you already know, right? — Mulan asked Valkyria, who was performing Völund with her.

Skälmold understood Mulan's intent and squeezed the Empress's heart. A bright white light formed a pillar that rose to the sky. After the light dissipated, a radiant white sphere appeared in Mulan's right hand, and her swords disappeared.

— A light? Is she going to fight using luminous spells? — Geir asked from the audience.

— No, she's not a mage, Goll. But I think I know what she's going to do.

— Despina, I'll show you now what a Valkyrie and a human can truly accomplish together! — Mulan raised her hand, and a golden sword with a broken blade materialized.