CHAPTER 7 - GLORY AND EMPTY

Ragnarok Arena, 2nd Battle.

Mulan sprinted towards Despina, executing an X-shaped attack with her swords gleaming in the sunlight. The goddess evaded and countered with a swift lance strike. Mulan dodged and initiated a barrage of diverse attacks, met by Despina's rapid and powerful lance strikes. They repeated their exchanges multiple times without landing a hit.

— Will this battle ever end? — queried Gēir, continuing — They can't seem to land a blow!

— They're incredibly strong, fast, and intelligent, evenly matched, I'd say. However, one might have a slight advantage. — Brunhilde responded to her younger sister's question.

After a while, both combatants halted and locked eyes.

— Are you forcing me to give my all? — Mulan declared, appearing near the right wall as if she had teleported, though it was her speed. She raised her swords once more, both radiating the color of the sun.

— Ever seen a human with powers like a god's? I think not. Unfortunately for you, I've been blessed by the sunlight. — The human stated. Enormous yellow lights grew above her swords, which she hurled at Despina.

PILLARS OF PRIDE

(Representation)

— What is this?! A mere human with power like a god's?! — Poseidon exclaimed

— Haha! Let me answer in kind! — Despina countered with a spell of dark ice to neutralize Mulan's magic.

INFINITE LANCE

(Representation)

The two intense magics clashed, creating a burst of negative impact

In this moment, Despina recalled her past, shifting her gaze from Mulan to the ground.

Atlantis, many millennia ago.

Atlantis, once a bloodthirsty realm solely focused on winning wars, regardless of the means, even if it meant turning against other god races. Since childhood, Despina was trained by her father and became the leader of the Atlantean Army, hailed as the most powerful commander and the likely heir to Atlantis' throne due to her strength and cruelty. Her reputation instilled fear even in the Underworld Army, respecting and acknowledging her power. She was deemed Poseidon's favorite and true heir, considered the strongest, most powerful, and terrifying Atlantean goddess in existence.