Love Sick

Tomorrow she took the stage for LA, the first of six shows there, and while she had dance rehearsal in just a few hours, she was concentrated on winning her match of tennis.

She tightened her grip on the racket, green fuzzy ball in her hand. The visor on her head giving her shade to see her opponent, a certain football player who claimed he was the best tennis player once she subtly mentioned that her beverly hills house had one attached. It had really just been covered up for a long time, since nobody's favorite pastime was to play tennis when she had plenty of other things like the cinema or the pool, but she had tided it up recently in the hopes of using it during her break.

And it was certainly being used now. Travis proved to be just as athletic in tennis as he was in football, but somehow Taylor managed to get in a few lucky hits. Now it was her ball, 4-5, and it was match point. If she somehow managed to score again she'd win, and prove it to this football star that she also was very good at tennis.

"Come on Tay, I'm ready for ya," He shouted from the other side of the court, bouncing back and forth between left and right to be ready for any incoming hit.

The singer took a breath, slammed the ball to the court, then hit it with her racket, sending it over to his side.

It hit once near the middle and he smacked it right back at her, but grateful to her height she hit it before it hit the ground, sending it over again. Travis bit his lip, watched it come over the net, then hit it with a hell of an arm. It smacked into the pavement and back into the air, but she hit it just before it could fall again.

Her arm was tired, and there were beads of sweat dripping down her face, but if there was one thing she learned from this, it was that they were both extremely competitive. He seemed to be only minorly matching her fatigue, sending another brutal hit towards her. She dove for it across the court, hitting the ball while bracing the impact to the ground, catching herself on her palms.

Taylor heard the drop of a racket and then loud footsteps coming towards her, casting a large shadow overhead. "Shit, baby, are you okay?"

The blonde sat up, and looked at her palms. They were red and slightly scuffed, but nothing that would kill her. "Looks fine. Did I win?"

He rolls his eyes and pats her on the shoulder, "Yeah, only cause you used the 'getting hurt' card."

"A win is a win." Taylor grinned brightly and Travis held out his hand to help her up, which she accepted gracefully. Once she was lifted up she rose to her tip toes and pecked him lightly on the lips, just before turning and booking it out of the Tennis court. "Last one inside doesn't get ice cream!"

Travis shook his head before sprinting right after her, "You want to play that game against a tight-end?"

After their sushi date just a few days ago, Taylor wanted to make the most of his time here, even if he couldn't attend her concert tomorrow since he'd be flying back to Kansas City, and they didn't want to launch anything until the game. She'd already talked with Tree and Travis about it, and they decided it would be best to launch it then since she would be on break, and they could enjoy the privacy of it while it lasted. But after having her relationship be a secret for so long before, she just couldn't wait for this to be public. And to officially call Travis her boyfriend, which she did only when she felt like he earned it.

His heavy footsteps were heard behind her as she booked it up the stairs to the house, and she knew he was gaining on her. She sped up, but mixing running up stairs with her already tired body was not a good mix. She hit the top and slowed her pace a little, and that's just when he grabbed her by the waist, swung her around so she was faced in the opposite direction, and he ran right inside through the french doors.