He's a Gentleman

Tonight was the first night here in Santa Clara. Taylor was back in her dressing room and the Haim sisters were beside her, getting ready before they took the stage. They also were getting more or less mentally prepared for the fans reaction to replacing Tis the Damn Season with No Body, No Crime. She knew most of them would adore it, but would be saddened by the loss of Tis the Damn Season. But she was also so happy she'd be able to play a song with her favorite girls, watching blissfully through the mirror as Alana attempted to demonstrate how the tiktok 'She was a fairy' was performed.

"Alana, you cannot do that properly, it's like this," Danielle insisted, getting up from her seat and taking off her shoes, putting them on the chair and then looking almost exactly how Alana was.

"You are literally doing the same thing as me!"

Este shrugged, "You both look like fairies to me."

Taylor just chuckled to herself and checked her phone. There was a single message from Travis wishing her the best for the tour and that he might be tuning in to some live streams just to watch her. She rolled her eyes. He'd already made quite the impact with his interaction with her mom not long ago, now her mother couldn't stop insisting how she wanted to meet him.

"Who are you smiling at, Tay?" Este asked, sitting down next to her.

"Nobody," Taylor responded and tucked her phone away.

Alana perked up, "Oh my god, are you texting someone?"

"No."

"She totally is," Danielle chimed in.

"Personal life is personal."

"Not with us, babe," Este bumped her lightly, "But if you don't want to tell us, we understand, i'll just be very, very, very hurt by it."

Taylor rolled her eyes and got up, "Come on, you three hit the stage soon. Get to your places."

"We expect updates!" Shouted Alana as she grabbed her guitar.

"Or we'll just talk to Selena. She knows everything," spoke Este.

Danielle paced on after them, "Don't talk too dirty before going on stage!"

Taylor opened her mouth the respond to Danielle's comment but they were gone before she got a word out, cursing herself. Was everyone obsessed with her love life? Maybe now that she wasn't with Joe all the time.

She sat down at the dresser again, going back over the lyrics for Right Where You Left Me, since she was performing it tonight. She didn't want to mess up the lyrics, and it was a very repetitive song. There were a few pieces of inspiration behind it, but none of them meant much to her now. It was just a song, but she was happy she was going to be performing it with Aaron tonight.

She heard the sisters get cued and on, and knew she had to get to her spot to get loaded into the cleaning cart. The Haim sisters didn't have to hide on their way to the stage, but she was cautious since there were lots of recent dangers about being just herself in the open.

Taylor left her phone in her bag, greeting Tree on her way to the cart. Tree gave her a brief rundown on everything that had been happening, the guests that showed up, asking if she needed to know of anything. Well, Tree really did need to know about something but Taylor didn't think this was really the right time. Maybe after.

Below the stage she prepared herself on the lift, microphone gripped tightly in her hands, she heard the small cue in her in-ear and felt the stage begin to rise.

Showtime.

...

Travis lounged on his couch, grinning so wide his jaw hurt as he stared down at the small stream on his phone. Taylor was dancing along to Cruel Summer, and he mumbled the words to himself. Jason would make fun of him for sure, but there was nothing he wanted to do more than watch his girl prance around on stage doing what she knew best.