A Bracelet and a Dream

Kansas City Night 2 at Arrowhead Stadium. Taylor had just released Speak Now Taylor's Version the night before and debuted the night with special guests Taylor Lautner, Preslie Cashe, and Joey King. Her fans worshipped the night, and they patiently awaited what would come tonight as well. She'd planned the surprise songs Last Kiss, since she didn't have a show on July 9th, and Dorothea. Not to mention she'd added Long Live to the setlist now which her fans adored, and she was sad she wasn't able to play it to them during Metlife, but she'd had this planned since before the tour even started. As she did with everything.

After a vocal warmup and getting the final touches on her makeup and hair she was almost ready to load into the cleaning cart to head to the stage, but before she could exit the room a familiar red head stopped her in her tracks.

"What did I do this time?" The singer asked with a small laugh.

Tree smiled and shook her head, opening her hand to reveal a friendship bracelet. "Funny, but I just came to give you this. It's from Travis Kelce."

Taylor took the bracelet and scoffed a bit, flipping it around. "Who?"

"Football star. He plays for the Cheifs, which is the stadium we are in."

"Oh.." She looked closer at the numbers on the bracelet. "What do these numbers mean?"

"It's his phone number. He wanted to give it to you personally but we told him you usually save your voice."

Taylor glanced up with a smile, shaking her head. She wasn't new to this, plenty of celebrities had tried a similar thing as soon as it had come out that her and Joe were over. Only one had gotten to her. It was the worst mistake of her life.

"I thought it was funny, but after what happened with Matt-"

"Let's just forget about it, okay? I'll look him up, but I hardly know anything about football. It'll probably go nowhere."

Tree shot her a knowing look and exited the dressing room. Taylor raised a brow, but she had to focus on her performance tonight. She couldn't let some football start getting in her way. She set the bracelet on the counter and exited the room, preparing herself for a big night.

...

"Your numbers as in 87 or your phone number?"

"You know which one."

Taylor stared at the phone screen before glancing back up to Sophie and Selena. Wine glasses perched on her cedar coffee table within the Rhode Island Estate. Elusive.

"Well, at least he talks about you?" Selena began, but it was quickly met with a kick to the shin from Sophie. The brunette mumbled an apology through a sip of her wine, but she wasn't. Selena wasn't shy to the world of her and Joe, and she was the first person Taylor told almost every issue about. Especially the lack of enthusiasm.

"Are you gonna tell Tree about it?"

Taylor shook her head to Sophie, falling back into the cloth couch, Benji quickly crawling and sprawling his long limbs on her lap. "She already knows. It'll do more damage to try to get it pulled, and it's not like he did anything wrong... I'm just, paranoid?"

"Show me a picture girl, I don't know anything about football." Selena reached to her phone with grabby hands and the singer rolled her eyes but complied, pulling up Travis's instagram and handing it to Selena. She'd made sure she was logged into her private account so if she "accidentally" liked one of his posts it wouldn't cause her management a heart attack. Seeing a like from 'GreyBensonButton13' wouldn't raise much suspicion.

"I hate to say it, but he would be the most attractive man for you to date."

Sophie perked up and leaned over Selena to look, mouth agape. "He's been better than Tay, and I love Tay."