Prize

Not long after they had eaten their Thai, Taylor escorted Selena and Sophie to their guest rooms within her home, wishing them goodnight with lots of kisses on cheeks. Sophie had been going through a rough patch with Joe, and so she had invited the girl to stay as long as she liked within her Rhode Island home or New York Apartment. Selena just happened to be in town this week to have a girls night, which Taylor couldn't say no to, due to recent developments.

Soon enough she would leave for Denver for her next stop, but for now she just wanted to enjoy the moment. Which currently meant talking with a football star she had never even heard of before a few days ago.

Taylor sat perched on the edge of her bed within her suite, the door shut and the howling of wind against the balcony doors of her room. She could practically smell the salt air leaking through the crack, easing the odd sense of anxiety in her chest. Her finger covered over his contact, and before she got the chance to think, she pressed the call button and moved her phone to her ear.

Not even after the first ring did he pick up.

"Hello?" Travis voiced, there was a seeming commotion on the line from what the singer could hear.

"It's Taylor."

"Holy shit! I mean, sorry, this is just so surprising. I didn't think you'd actually call." There was another sound of shuffling items, a few muffled voices in the back.

"Is now a bad time?" Taylor asked curiously, leaning back into her bed as Olivia came to paw at her face.

"No! No not at all. Just had a few of the players over for a drink. I thought for sure you'd ghost me."

"You think that little of me?"

He seemed hesitant and hurt for a moment which made her smile. Not that she liked to see him like that, but it made her have a feeling that he was a lot more respectful than other guys she had dated. "I guess It was mainly because I thought I didn't have a chance."

"Well, you had a bracelet and a dream."

"That I did. And it seems to have worked."

"Don't get your hopes too high." Taylor reminded, a small smile on her lips as she laid back into her bed, the cushion of the blankets letting her limbs relax.

"So what did you do today?" He asked nonchalantly, seeming to move to a quieter room away from the crowd.

"I had Selena and Sophie over for a dinner, and now i'm laying in my bedroom looking over the sea." She glanced over to the balcony windows where she could just barely see the waves of the ocean perching over the horizon. "You?"

"I had practice, staying in a hotel for a pre-season game tomorrow. Now i'm talking to the most beautiful girl."

She felt her heart flutter, wanting to roll around and kick her feet just like she would in some silly highschool romcom. "Point for travis..." She laughed, "Were you really hurt I couldn't meet with you?"

"Of course I was, well, I knew you'd come around. Just sad it wasn't there, face to face. Maybe you'd see all my charm."

"Oh, and you have lots of charm?"

"So much. Together we'd be like Flynn Ryder and Rapunzel. You know, with my spectacular smolder."

"What I would kill to see you try a smolder."

"Just name a time and place baby."

She felt an unknown blush run to her cheeks and she bit her lip. This was far too soon. She would rush herself just like she did with Matty. That didn't end well. She had to pace herself.