The big day (AKA the end)

It has been a couple of days since the treasure hunt blew over and I am a bundle of nerves. Why? Well, today is the day that I am getting married to the man of my dreams. Evan 'Buck' Buckley. Of course, we had our fair share of roadblocks getting here but we made it. Right now I am getting the finishing touches to my makeup done. I am trying my best not to freak out but I know I am going to make one of the biggest commitments of my life.

"Everything is going to be alright," Maddie is trying her best to calm my nerves.

"I know. The thing is I won't be fine until the vows have been said," I counter. After a few seconds, the last of my makeup is done. Now for the worst part. Getting to the venue. I take a deep breath as I get up. With a few swift movements, I get into my dress. It is perfect.

"You look gorgeous," Hen compliments me.

"Thank you," I replied. Now for the hard part. Getting to the venue without having second thoughts. It sounds weird but it can happen. I try to push the thoughts out of my mind as Maddie, Hen and I take our seats in the car. I try my best to push the negative thoughts out of my mind as I am ready. Luckily for us, the trip to the venue is relatively quick. As soon as I enter the venue I am met by Gavin. Since my dad isn't here Gavin is the one that is walking me down the aisle.

"Are you ready?" Gavin asks.

"As ready as I'll ever be. Let's go," I respond as Maddie and Hen head to their seats. Gavin flashes me a proud smile as we lock arms.

"You know dad would be proud," Gavin whispers as he leads me to the altar. I know he would. A part of me wishes that he could be here. After the longest eternity of my life, I have made it to the altar. Standing in front of me is the man who is the love of my life. Evan 'Buck' Buckley.

"Let's go," Buck announces. With that, the ceremony begins. As it goes on I find myself reflecting on the times that Buck saved me. Both metaphorically and literally. It turns out that I owe Buck everything. I catch myself grinning ear to ear as Buck recites his vows. Thankfully it doesn't take long. After saying those magic words Buck gently puts the ring on my finger.

"Now it's my turn," I whisper before taking a deep breath.

"When we first met I had lost everything. Little did I know I would end up finding someone that would change my life. Through thick and thin you were always with me. Whether it was running into fires or dealing with personal drama you were there. You are the light that burns bright at the end of the tunnel...Buck I will never stop loving you," It may sound cheesy but it is how I feel.

"Do you Ella take Evan to be your lawfully wedded husband," the pastor asks.

"I do," I say before placing the ring on Buck's finger. Before anyone can say anything Buck pulls me into a hug. After a moment of hesitation, Buck goes in for the kiss. He is gentle but passionate. It has been an hour since then and we are all celebrating. To my surprise, Buck is a good dancer. Right now I am watching as the others enjoy themselves.

"You should be out there having fun," Gavin remarks.

"I know," I responded. The thing is I have been thinking how lucky I have been. Not only meeting Buck but ending up at the 118. If there is one thing that I learnt is that given enough time friends become family. Of course, a lot of bad things happened but no matter what we pulled through it. I will always be thankful for my found family.  

A/N After five years and many versions I have finally brought the first book of Ella and Buck's journey to an end. Of course, I will have a sequel out as soon as possible. While I am here I would like to thank everyone who voted and commented on this story. It may not seem like much but they served as a reminder that I have to keep going.