Dinner Party Part Three: Let Down Your Hair

"Y/n dear I just finished your new- oh my!" she said surprised as she saw her daughter about to be kissed.

Y/n and Todd quickly split up with red faces, Mrs. Anderson soon followed with the same expression on her face.

"I was wondering if you'd try on the new dress I made for you," Y/n's mother announced with a smile. She was delighted to see Y/n and Todd together, she could see that he was a sweet boy.

"Y-ya sure," Y/n said as she lowered her head and followed Mrs. Anderson with a smile.

"Todd comes along," Y/n's mother said as she took the young man's arm.

"Oh no I couldn't," Todd protested as he blushed heavily at the predicament that he was in.

"Come on," she insisted, "the dress is darling," and with that, the ladies dragged Todd upstairs.

There Todd was, awkwardly sitting on a couch in a bedroom that belonged to the mother of the girl he had just tried kissing. He sat in the middle between the two older women, waiting for Y/n to try on her new dress from the bathroom.

"Okay," Y/n said from the opposite side of the door, she slyly walkout to reveal a lavender-coloured dress with pink flowers trialling at the end of it. The dress was slightly off the shoulders which extenuated her collar bone.

Todd fell deeply in love with Y/n, she looked like an absolute dream.

"Here try these pearls on," Y/n's mother said as she stood up to help her daughter with her jewelry. "Much better," Y/n's mother said as she clasped her hands.

Y/n placed her necklace on a nearby table, which Todd made a mental note of.

Y/n gave a graceful whirl to demonstrate the slim waistline and puffy bottom. "It's beautiful mom, thank you," Y/n said politely as she smiled at her loving mother.

Mrs. Anderson stood up to take Y/n's delighted hands, "you look stunning my dear! Don't you think so Todd?" She asked as she looked back at her son.

Todd shyly smiled as he fiddled with his hands, "you look beautiful Y/n," he said with a grin.

Before Y/n could accept his complaint Mr. Anderson appeared at the door, along with Y/n's father. "Hey honey," Mr. Anderson said as he talked to his wife, "it's getting late we should start walking home."

Y/n's father was in a pleasant mood until he saw the gathering around his daughter in what he thought to be was a scandalous dress. Never the less he threw on and fake grin and clapped his hands together, "well it was nice seeing you all! Why don't we start heading downstairs?"

One by one they left the room until it was only Y/n and Todd. Todd had an idea but he's have to act fast before everyone found their lingering to be suspicious.

"Y/n," Todd said lightly.

"Yes?" Y/n whispered slightly leaning towards the anxious boy.

This was it, the perfect time to kiss Y/n goodbye. He slightly began to lean in but his nerves got the best of him. "Come on we better get going," Todd said in defeat.

"Ya," Y/n sadly agreed.

She slowly began to leave the room when Todd quickly slipped his hands to carefully grabbed the locket from the nearby desk. He then walked downstairs to meet the others.

"Too bad we don't do this often," Mr. Anderson said as he put on his dress coat, "but with work and all."

"Oh we loved having you over," Y/n's mother said she looked at the Andersons.

Y/n and Todd didn't say a word to anyone, they simply looked at their feet. The two families said their goodbyes leaving the two heartbroken lovers to take one last look at one another.

It was a quiet walk back for Todd, his parents shattered in front of him during the walk home. He pulled out Y/n's locket and smile. 'She looked so beautiful in it,' Todd thought to himself.

Once he got home he ran to the medicine cabinet and got some rubbing alcohol, then a knife from the kitchen. He lied to his parents that he was just going to bed early but secretly, he formed a plan.

Locking himself in his room Todd took a rag of rubbing alcohol and began to wipe the locket. It didn't do much but clean it a little, he then took the knife and carefully tried to free the locket.

"Got it!" Todd let out as he tossed the knife onto his study desk. She was right, the locket was empty. Todd continued to fix the locket, making sure it opened and closed properly. Once he repaired it his plan was in motion; he would slip out his window to Y/n's room and give it to her secretly.

Todd placed a soft kiss on the locket and slipped it into his pocket. He then opened his window and slipped out the back and headed for Y/n house.

'This is crazy!' He thought to himself as he jogged to Y/n's house, 'her Dad is going to kill me!'

Once Todd got to the house he jumped the fence quietly to Y/n's window which was on the second floor. It was manageable leaving his room, but how was he going to enter hers? Todd looked back to see a nearby tree that lead to Y/n's room. 'Perfect,' Todd thought to himself as he looked his way up. Todd struggled to make his way up the trees but soon succeeded.

He finally makes it to Y/n's window only to find her dancing around in the room with the purple dress her mother made her. Todd watched as he sat on a tree beach, to him she was truly radiant.

Y/n then stood in front of her mirror to admire her dress once more before taking it off. She then began to unzip it, revealing her exposed back. Todd's face grew red hot as he lightly knocked on the window. Y/n spun around surprised to see a boy at her window, she quickly zipped up her dress before going to the window.

"What are you doing here?" Y/n asked as she opened up her window to let Todd in, "if my father sees you he'll kill you!"

"I know," Todd said as he entered her room, "but I had to give this back," he explained as he let the locket dangling from his hands.

"My locket? I didn't even know it was missing," Y/n said honestly.

"I fixed it for you," Todd said as he demonstrated his work, "it opens now."

"Todd that's amazing!" Y/n said excitedly as she looked at the blushing boy, "but why?"

Todd slowly skimmed his hands across Y/n and place the gold locket around her neck. "I dunno... So that maybe you could put a picture of me in it," he confessed. With his hands still around Y/n, Y/n lean in and kissed him on the lips.

"I'd like that," she said as she allowed herself to be held by the boy. "Are you going to come by my room at night from now on?" She asked with a laugh.

"If that's what it takes to see you again ," Todd said honestly, "I really like you Y/n," he said sincerely.

"I really like you too," Y/n giggled as she gave Todd another kiss good night.