Misunderstanding Part 1

"Since when did you need help?" Knox asked as he walk to Latin class with Y/n.

"Just this once," Y/n clarify as she nervously whipped her hair back with one hand, "now are you going to help me or not?"

"Why do you need my help," he asked entering the classroom.

"Because," Y/n said following behind him, "I'm desperate, please Knox."

"Alright," he said instantly caving in, "now what's this about?"

Y/n had been a weight in Y/n's heart all ever since she was introduced to the delicate boy with blue eyes. "I think I'm in love with Todd," Y/n said dead serious to Knox causing him to choke on his breath.

"No way Todd!" He said being caught by surprise, "seriously?! I mean, I can see it," Knox said as a smile grew onto his face

"How do I let him know I'm interested?" She asked wasting no time.

"I dunno," he said as he took out his notebook.

"Knox please help me," she begged.

"I dunno! Um, you could always bake him something," he said spitting out ideas.

"That's perfect!" Y/n said with a smile, "meet me in the kitchen at 7:30 pm when the staff have left," Y/n planned out.

"Wait I've gotta bake too?" Knox asked taking back his previous proposal.

"Duh," Y/n said with an innocent smile, "I don't know how to bake!"

Y/n was eager for the day to end so that she could meet up with Knox. It was simple, she would bake some cookies for him and as they were baking she would return the favour by giving Knox some girl advice about Chris.

'Come on Knox,' Y/n thought to herself, 'where are you?'

Just then Knox appeared looking out of breath, "sorry," he said for his promptness, "your boyfriend needed to borrow my textbook," he teased.

Y/n blushed at the thought of Todd being her boyfriend, it was something she wished for almost every night. "Alright," she said heartily, "let's get started!"

They try their best to be particularly quiet since they were allowed in the kitchen after hours. "I don't think this is right? That seems like a lot of sugar," Knox said as he itched his head while reading a cookbook.

"For such a smart guy," Y/n teased as she began to pour some flour in a big steel bowl.

"Hardy-har," Knox said as he lowered the book.

They when on to add the milk, flour, eggs and sugar as they carried on their talk about girl troubles. "So should I write her a poem?" Knox asked referring to his crush Chris.

"Absolutely," Y/n said giving him the 'okay' as she mixed in the ingredients with a wooden spoon.

"And then I should read it to her!" Knox said enthused as he added a heavy helping of chocolate chips.

"Whoa back up," Y/n said pumping up the breaks. "You can read it to her, it would be better to leave for her to read on her own," she explained. She then brought out the dough from the bowl and began to place cookies onto a baking sheet.

"Jeez, why do girls have to be so complicated?" Knox said shaking his head.

Y/n then threw flour at his chest. "Only because you boys are ignorant," she said in a voice as smooth as silk.

"Oh, I see how it is Knox said returning the favour by throwing some onto her shoulder.

"Hey!" She said snickering as she took a hand full of flour and threw it at his solid chest. They were seconds before having a full-blown war when the oven makes a ding-like noise.

"Hold on," Y/n said as she carefully place to cookies into the hot oven. While waiting for the treats to bake Y/n and Knox continued their discussion about Chris and what he should do to impress her.

"You are a talented writer Knox, whatever you write will surely make her swoon," Y/n assured.

"Thanks," Knox said optimistically, he then check his watch. "It's already been twelve minutes, I think they're done."

He placed some mitts and pulled them out of the hot oven. They looked and smelt amazing. "While these are cooling we should get cleaned up," Y/n said Knox place them on the counter. "I'll come back for them and then head over to Todd's room later," she said trying to hype herself up for the hard part.

"Sure thing cowgirl," Knox teased as he and Y/n left the kitchen.

They walked down the hallways together quietly until Knox spoke up, "Todd's a great guy y'know," he said boosting up his friend. "Look at you all grown up having a boyfriend," he teased once again.

"He's not my boyfriend," she said smirking, "and you're only older than me by seven months!" She said as she lightly slapped his back.

"Hey," he said taking the hit, "oh come stop by my room I still have your sunglasses," he said as he lead the way.

"Wait, did you use my glasses to spy on Chris?" She asked.

Knox paused for a moment as he opened the door to his room and entered. "No," he said curbed.

"Liar," Y/n laughed, "you pig."

"Ya I'm a pig, but only for the reason that I've got flour in my pockets!" he laugh as he tossed it at her.

"Why you little-" she said as she grabbed whatever was on her and smear it onto his face.

"Get back here," Knox said as he playfully lunged and grabbed Y/n by the waist Y/n playfully tried to resist Knox's gripe but he soon held her close to his body. Y/n and Knox both laughed at one another as if they were an old married couple.

Little did they know that Todd had seen them through the crack of the door to Knox's room.

To Be Continued~

Sorry if this one was too much of a clichée.