Misunderstanding Part 2

Y/n playfully tried to resist Knox's gripe but he soon held her close to his body. Y/n and Knox both laughed at one another as if they were an old married couple.

Little did they know that Todd had seen them through the crack of the door to Knox's room.

Todd stood there for a moment as he stared at the heartbreaking connection. He held Knox's textbook in his hand as he looked away. Todd ran his fingers through his hair as he placed his back against the wall. It had become somewhat of a routine to him that he would daydream about being with Y/n. He would imagine what it would be like to have someone like her with a guy like him, but dreams can only last so long.

'Sooner or later you have to wake up,' Todd thought to himself already accepting defeat.

"I'll tell you how it goes!" Y/n said with her back turned to Todd, making her completely oblivious that he was even there, she then sauntered down the halls.

It was a close call to Todd that he wasn't seen. He simply placed Knox's textbook by his door and went on his way.

Todd noticed a shadow by his door, once he opened it he saw his textbook of which he had led out. 'Todd?'

Todd sulked back to his room. "Hey, lights are supposed to be out soon, where we're you?" Neil asked as he sat on his bed reading in his pyjamas.

"I," Todd struggled to say, "went to give Knox his book back," he said looking down at his feet.

"And?" Neil said expecting more, that's was until he saw his friend's expression, "Todd?"

Todd stood there miserable not knowing what to do, "I just saw Knox's holding Y/n," he honestly said.

Neil's eyes widened at the gossip. He knew that Todd had a massive crush on Y/n. Neil was the only person Todd ever told. "Where did you-"

"I think I need to be alone," he said as he took his coat from the rack. "I'll be back before curfew." And with that, he left Neil solely speechless.

Neil knew where Todd would be, he took a short cut which lead him to a division of the school top. It was chilly out, the harsh fall breeze blew right through him. He sat there when his parents gave him the same gift for his birthday, and now he sat there once again heartbroken. But this time over a girl he liked. Maybe even loved.

Y/n made her way to Neil and Todd's room feeling utterly embarrassed with a tin of cookies. 'He's probably going to think I'm weird,' Y/n thought to herself as she fixed her hair. 'He probably already does, or maybe too pushy!' Y/n stood at the opposite side of the door pondering on whether or not she should knock on his door. She finally buckled and knocked on the room door.

The door opened to reveal Neil with a stunned expression on his face, "Y/n?"

"Hey Neil, is Todd here?" She asked.

"No," Neil said still shocked to see Y/n's face, "last time I saw him he said he wanted to be alone," Neil tried to explain.

"Is he okay?" Y/n asked changing her tone of voice.

"He said he saw you- with Knox," Neil said frowning.

Y/n stood there for a moment stunned. 'Does thinks me and Knox are together?'

"You know you could have let him down easy," Neil said being a little too hard on Y/n. He didn't mean to offend her he just didn't want to see his friend hurt.

Offended, Y/n ran away with a tin of cookies. She hear Neil call her way but didn't care for what he had to say. She ran up the stairs to the short cut which lead to a division of the school top.

With eyes welling up with hot tears she took the tin can full of cookies and slammed it to the floor with force.

The lid popped off leaving a couple of cookies to fall out. She was so insulted and upset until she hear a voice call out to her.

"Are you okay?" Todd said as he witnessed her tantrum.

Y/n idiotically froze, she was beyond embarrassed and shocked.

"Your crying," Todd said as took out his handkerchief, "here," he said shyly.

"Thanks," Y/n whispered as she accepted his offer, "I'm just really stupid," she said as she cleaned her eyes.

"No your not," Todd declared.

"Oh really? I baked these cookies for the guy I like only to have it blow up in my face," she said as she sat on the cold stone floor.

Assuming it was Knox's, Todd didn't say a thing. He simply sat next to her for support, "I'm sorry," he whispered.

"It doesn't matter," Y/n said as she looked at Todd's red nose. "I like this guy- but he doesn't even care for me," she said as she stared at the modest boy.

"Well," Todd said searching for an answer, "just tell Knox how you feel."

Y/n stayed silent for a second as she held her knees close to her body. Todd noticed so he took off his jacket and began to place it onto Y/n's shoulders. "I don't like Knox's," Y/n finally said.

Todd sat next to her again confused. "Wait- you guys... Then who?" He asked perplexed.

"You," Y/n simply said as she looked into Todd's eyes. "I've had a crush on you forever," she admitted.

"Me?" Todd said not being able to wrap his head around the fact that someone liked him.

"Ya," Y/n meant.

Todd didn't know what to say instead he stood up and salvaged what he could from the cookie tin, the ones that were untouched by the floor. "Oh no," Y/n giggled as she sniffed from crying, "you don't have to-"

"These look pretty good to me," Todd said as he sat next to Y/n. He then took a bite out of one, "they're really good!" He said with a warm smile.

"Knox told me that baking something for you might make you like me," Y/n confessed. "That's why I was with him."

"There was no need," Todd said as he looked at the girl who was wearing his jacket, "because I already like you." It took everything in Todd to tell Y/n how he felt.

They both sat there blushing at one another, "cookie?" Todd said as he offered his sweets. Y/n laughed at his romantic gesture, which make Todd fall deeper in love. They rest of the night the stared at the stars as they sat closed together for warmth.