•Hide and Seek• {Pt.1}

"Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some prey to go after." The girl said plainly. She started walking towards Y/N, eyes focused on the forest behind them. Holding their sword out at her, Y/N prepared to strike. Eyes flicking towards her supposed combatant, the girl frowned. "Don't point that thing at me. I'm not the one you should be worried about... And remember," she looked over her shoulder at a figure emerging from the forest, "I want the necklace." With that, she practically disappeared. She sidesteped around Y/N in an almost dance and sprint swiftly into the brush. Without even time to turn to look at the disseapering girl, Y/N's attention was stolen by the swiftly approaching enemy.

They blocked, a metal staff clashing against their sword. Behind the weapon was a woman grinning madly. Her dark eyes held more anger than excitement as she stared unblinking at Y/N, even as a bit of her brown hair fell into her eyes. Pushing back against the staff, it was rather easily deflected after only a few seconds, likely due to only being held in one hand. Looking to her empty hand, Y/N found, to their alarm, a gleaming sword. She walked backwards a few paces.
"Do you like it?" The woman said in an oddly familiar voice.
"...it's a sword." Y/N replied non-commitently, "...and you wield a staff, so I doubt you'll be able to use it very effectively." A hoarse laugh came from the woman, the scars on her face and neck shifted as her skin stretched to hold her even broader smile.
"It's not for me. It's for you!" She threw the sword point first into the ground infront of Y/N.
"Why."
"I figured, since you were such a coward the last time, maybe having a real blade will incentivise you to carry through with out fight." She spun her staff in her hand, readying herself for combat. Y/N's brow knotted in confusion as they looked from the sword to the woman, and slowly smoothed as they put it together. Their eye's fell to the staff once more, and trailed into her familar stance. They even vaguely remembered the insult.
"Oh, it's... You." Y/N said flatly.
"Taken you enough time to recognise me." The woman spat.
"In my defence, you wore a helmet." The brunette rolled her eyes.
"Yes yes, now drop that toy and fight me like the real warrior I know you are!" Her sickly smile turned into a determined frown.
"I'll just wear her out, she's only human, and I know I'll be able to fight long after she's collapsed. A time consuming strategy, yes, but I don't know if I could kill her, and if I go rough enough I may be able to get this done rather quickly."

With Y/N flimsy plan done with, they dropped their sword, and leaned forward and pulling the blade from the ground. It gleamed in the light as Y/N prepared themself.
"Tell me, what's your name? I'd like to be able to correctly address you when I tell the story of how I took revenge for my subordinates...and my pride." The brunette said, her feet shifting.
"That's a work in progress, and you?" "Alphiditus Vira! Remember it so you may tell the reaper who it was that took your life!" She sprung forward, easily cutting the distance she had made. The clang of metal against metal was even louder than before, the meeting of a stronger weapon and someone putting their full force into their's.

Vira pulled her staff away from Y/N's blade and attempted next to swing at their middle. Missing by a hair as their opponent stepped back, it forced the girl to turn much farther than intended, her back behind wideopen. Sparks flew as Y/N cracked their blade against the armor Vira wore. The dark metal separated by a long lighter scratch. The brunette stumbled away from Y/N, recovering from the jarring blow. Not for long through as she suddenly leapt forward in an arc, bringing the end down directly to Y/N's face. It landed between their brows and sent them sprawling onto the forest ground. With the opportunity given, Vira attempted the same attack once again, now aiming for the neck. Even as Y/N's head spun, recognising the attack they were able to put up their sword in time, resulting in the tip to slip...inside of the quarter staff? Following the line of their blade Y/N found a dark hole inside of what should have been the solid end of the staff, something small glinting for a moment when Vira pulled the staff away.