Still - Chapter 15

What's the longest time you think you've ever sat still?

For me, it would have to be some plane journey. I remember one time my family and I went to New York. It was essentially travelling for the full day. 21 hour flight, that is, with a stop off point halfway in the Middle East. I tried to sleep through the flights, but it proved far too difficult. I don't really like heights either, so knowing I was thousands of feet in the air at the time didn't really ease my stomach. I just sat and listened to music for the entire duration. Most would call that really boring, but I loved it. Well, I love music, so I was able to just sort of switch off and sit still like a statue. I found it very relaxing.

But what about yourself? I think there are many times in the day where you're sitting still. In bed, on a sofa, on a chair or stool, against a wall or sat on the floor with your legs up against your chest, arms wrapped around them, face down and your hair tumbling over your eyes to a point where you can't really see too clearly anymore. 

No, this doesn't really matter. I'm just interested is all, since we're going to be talking more often. 

No, this has nothing to do with the sheets in front of you.

Yes, we're off record. Everything you say to me is entirely confidential.

What?

What do you mean?

No, I heard what you said, it's just...

I'm sorry, I'm just a little confused is all. What do you mean by that exactly? Did this happen when you were little, maybe? O-Oh, it didn't. Alright. Do your parents know about this? They don't, alright, well it may be good to...

Okay, you don't have to. You do whatever makes you comfortable, I don't want to push your boundaries. Would you mind maybe expanding a little more? Just so I can get a better understanding of what you mean.

Right. Do you visit the coastline often? What do you do there?

Well, I suppose that makes sense. The views are very nice there.

The horizon? What about the horizon?

Sunshine pierces Y/N's blinds as he stirs, trying to obscure his vision from the painful rays. He still hadn't really gotten used to the sunrises. Today's was very pretty, like always, and he was happy that he caught it this morning, but it still seemed to catch him at an odd angle. He still was never bathed in their warm glory, and they still felt more like harsh knives jabbing into his sockets. At least his bed was comfy. Though he'd have to get up sooner rather than later.

Y/N still wasn't really a morning person. Most would therefore call him 'nocturnal', but truth was he couldn't sleep well at all and then suffered through to the mornings. Still. He didn't know what it was; insomnia, an unbroken habit or just being unlucky. Didn't really matter what it was, it felt pretty unfixable and he'd grown used to dreading the night and morning. Still. Y/N's alarm went off again, vibrating the bedside table whilst ringing out its chirpy tune. It's still dark out, though. He must've set it to the wrong time. Groaning, Y/N went to reach for the alarm, missing a few times before...

Wait.

Why did he feel so warm today? What was this weight on top of him? Y/N turned to his side to see Monika, snuggled happily into him, her coral brown hair messily spread out over his duvet and her lips curled into a smile. It seemed like she was still fast asleep. She was lying so still. Still. Oh right, they confessed. OH RIGHT, THEY CONFESSED.