Chapter 63 More Confused

Author's POV

Going back Meera looked at him with tears in her eyes that held a storm of emotions for him.
Meera was just going back to take Neha's phone which she requested to bring but she got shocked seeing her parents on the way back and then her father started to belittle her.

She was heartbroken to hear such things from her father and unknowingly tears slipped from her eyes. But got shocked when he came by her side and suggested her father otherwise but her father only got more aggressive and left no stones unturned in humiliating her.
She never would've thought that her father who loved her trusted her so much could say this but he did and she couldn't take it anymore and was about to go.

But he stopped her and turning her around he replied her father back. Meera looked at Karan with tears in her eyes. It was the first time someone defended her not even her mother did it. And then the things he said about her as an individual made her heart flutter and when he called Yash as our son and appreciated her as a mother he touched her soul which was void of any contact until now.

Meera got more and more confused and sad because the way he defended her there was no ounce of lie she could see so what did he actually want. Her to stay or go she couldn't help but think he deserved better, much better than her.
She felt it when he defended her the feeling which she didn't think she could feel ever again but she did and now it was much harder for her.

Reaching back to the guest area they first had food as Karan convinced her for so.
Then after the food she left Yash with Karan to go to Neha.
There she gave Neha's phone to her as she asked.
Are you okay? Asked Meera to Neha who looked different.
Yes I'm fine Meeru she replied.
Ok then said Meera and went back as Neha's mother called her for something.

Soon it was time for Vidaai and as much as she fought and troubled her mother Neha was upset leaving her parents.
And the both mother-daughter cried hugging each other.
Then she turned to her father who said to Rahul to take care of her. Rahul assured her father as he understood his concern of her daughter leaving her own house and going to another.

Meera too cried watching the ceremony it reminded her of her parents who didn't mind for a second before abandoning her.
She didn't know when her tears turned to sobs and she cried trying to control it watching Neha.
Karan saw her crying and couldn't stop himself before hugging her and she cried on her shoulder and he let her.
He understood she had went through too much but her ordeal with her parents hurted her like no other.

She calmed down after sometime and Neha came towards her and both best friends hugged each other like their lives depended on it.
It's fine Neha you can always call me hm? asked Meera seperating from the hug.
Of course I'll call you anytime I want don't think you'll get rid of me replied Neha.
Yeah yeah I know I could never and I don't want to said Meera and both laughed looking at each other.
Why are you both laughing asked Rahul who didn't understand.
You don't need to know said Neha shutting him up.
And soon the baraat went with the groom and the bride to the groom's house.
Meera and Karan too started to leave after saying their goodbyes to Mr and Mrs Tripathi.

Reaching the home Meera was very tired so without any interactions she went to her room. Karan stood in the living room contemplating if he should wait for her to talk as she told after the wedding or go.
At last he decided to wait but when after half an hour or so she didn't come back he too went to his room and slept.

Next morning,

Karan had taken a leave as he was too tired because the wedding and all the rituals finished in the midnight resulting him for so.
Meera woke up on time as it was her habit and after getting ready for the day she went to the kitchen to make the breakfast.
And then she went to take Yash in his room as it was around this time he woke up due to hunger.

She went to his room after knocking as he didn't open so she moved inside and was going to take Yash but he had Yash in his arms so she slowly started to remove his hands from Yash like she had done before but this time she was shocked because while she was removing his hand from Yash he held hers and slept on it.
Meera's eyes widened because it had never happened before.
Then she heard him mumbling something so leaned in to listen properly but got another surprise when he said Meera is mine don't you dare you pig. This made her blush when he called her mine.
She was sure that he was dreaming so slowly started to pull her hand back from his grasp she was successful but suddenly he pulled her hand more closer resulting her to fall on him. She was relieved he didn't wake up and was about to move.
Karan felt something on his face and opened his eyes only to come across with the beauty he only dreamed of. Her glowy face and her wet hair that made water droplets fall on his face and her brown orbs that widened in surprise and the way her cheeks turned red.

I..I didn't mean I was.....she was trying to say but he stopped her keeping his finger on her lips and just smiled looking at her.
Meera blushed even more due to his gaze on her.
But suddenly their moment got interrupted by the little Yash who was crying after waking up due to hunger. And Meera quickly detached from him and taking Yash with her went to her room.
Karan sat up thinking was it real and if it was then he'll have to teach his son not to interrupt their moments.

Word count:1100
Hey guys hope you'll liked the chapter.
What do you think will happen next?
Read more to find out.
Pls vote, comment and share if you'll like it ok; )
Thank you*
Toodles!!!