Chapter :19 Nineteen

Adalyn

Two years ago I would have never thought I would have to say goodbye to a friend especially not in an airport surrounded by a bunch of people minding their business but here I am doing exactly that.

Corey was not leaving the country he was going to be going back home in the city. The city was not that far from Riverstone and he could even visit every weekend.

Kelly had gone with him to the city to say goodbye and i came to the airport to say goodbye to Theo.

Adalyn : I guess this is it then. Text  everyday and don't forget me.

Theo: don't worry forgetting you would be the hardest thing to do, literally. I will text you everyday.

Adalyn : promise.

Theo :I don't promise.

Adalyn : Theo.

Theo : Okay promise.

I turned of my phone and raised my pinky finger, "Promise?" I asked him and he smiled at me then he raised his finger aswell and our fingers intertwined.

"Goodbye Adalyn." Theo's family all said to me and we had a group hug. "The plane to New York leaves in five minutes." A lady said on the intercom. "We should probably get going." Theo's father said.

Tilly walked up to me and handed me an envelope. "Bye Addy." She hugged me and after she let go she walked back to her family.

I watched them walk after waving to me one last time. "Theo!" I called out to him and he stopped walking and looked at me i ran up to him and wrapped my arms around him and he wrapped his around me.

We stayed like that until the lady on the intercom announced that their plane was about to leave.

He let go of me and then kissed my forehead. I was in shock as he waved me goodbye and walked towards his family to catch up with them, then they all began walking and i watched them walk until they were out of sight.

I placed my hand on the spot he kissed and my heart had skipped a beat. I stood still just looking ahead for a while before snapping back into reality and began walking out of the airport.

The airport was in the city so I had to take the train back home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sat outside on the porch as I watched the sunset the envelope Tilly had given me in my hand. I looked at it then at the distance.

I breathed in before opening it. I took out two papers which had drawings on them, then i looked at the first one it was a drawing of me, Theo, Tilly, London, Noah, their parents and next to us there was an angel Tatum and on top of us there were our names.

I smiled at the drawing and i could feel my eyes becoming teary. I looked at the second drawing and it was a drawing of Tilly with the words 'I love you this much' on top.

Tears began to roll down my cheeks and i used the heel of my hand to wipe them. I got up and walked into the house. My mother was in the kitchen cooking and as i was about to pass the kitchen to go up to my room she stopped me and walked up to me.

"Are you okay, dear?" She asked me. "Yes I am fine." I replied. "If you are not okay tell me." She said. "I will miss them but one day we will meet again." I sighed and she smiled at me warmly before going back into the kitchen.

I walked upstairs to my room. I opened my bedroom door and walked up to my desk and looked for tape to tape the drawings onto my wall.

Then i walked out of my room and made my way downstairs. "Mom i have somewhere to go I will be back before seven." I imformed her. "Okay dear."

I walked out of the house and began walking to Theo's house well old house now. The streets were empty as usual after the sunsets here in Riverstone it's unlikely to find anyone out.

I arrived at the house and it had been vacant i stood still just looking at the house. I breathed in and walked up to the hopscotch drawn in chalk and sat down next to it.

I raised my wrist and looked at the bracelet Theo gave me. So much memories in just ten months and I will cherish each memory.