Chapter:15 Fifteen

Adalyn

It was midnight when i received a call from Corey telling me that Tatum had taken her last breaths that night hours after her birthday party had ended.

My heart stopped and i got out of my bed i did not even change as i ran out of my room then ran downstairs. I could feel tears sting my eyes. As i made my way down the stairs i almost bumped into my mother who held a glass of water in her hand.

"Adalyn what's wrong?" She asked me and I began hyperventilating. "It's T- Tatum." I told her as tears fell down my cheeks. She immediately knew what had happened for i could never stop talking about her. "Mom i have to go." I said to her and she stepped aside letting me go.

I ran out of the house and ran to the hospital. There was a cold breeze and it was silent on the streets the only sound i could hear being the sound of my footsteps.

I reached the hospital not wasting any time I ran inside then made my way to the front desk lady. I asked her for the room Tatum had been in and she took ages before telling me and i ran towards the section in which the room was.

Outside the room sat Theo, Corey, London, May, Noah, and Tilly. May held Tilly in her arms as Tilly cried, Noah and London sat next to May and Tilly with tears in their eyes as well, Corey leaned on the wall his phone dangling from his hand as he looked down and Theo was pacing up and down the hallway his hair falling down from his face as he looked down  he was fidgeting with his hands.

I stood still for a while before dropping to my knees. Tilly saw me and ran out of her aunts arms and into mine. She held me tightly as she sobbed uncontrollably.

The pain Tilly must have been feeling was probably far beyond a six year old. I know I couldn't just say it's going to be okay to her because it probably won't be okay and she will have to live the rest of her life with just memories of her sister and not her sister.

"Adalyn?"She called my name and I hummed in response." I'm tired, but I don't want to sleep. "I looked at her and my heart broke." I want to play with Tatum. At least one more time. "

I had only known Tatum for a few months and her death is affecting me this much. Tilly and the rest of her family have known her for six years.

I let go of Tilly for a while as i got up from the floor then I carried her as i sat down and wrapped my arms around her.

After a while she fell asleep her eyes had been red before she fell asleep from crying. I looked at Theo who had been looking at me his eyes had become dull and looked empty and sad.

He noticed that Tilly had fallen asleep and took of the jacket he was wearing and walked up to us then placed it on top of her to keep her warm.

At that moment we all probably wished that the smiles from earlier at the twins birthday party would have lasted forever. I know i did.

We all sat in silence. A bunch of memories from the past few months from the time i met Theo replayed in my mind. Then i remembered the messages Theo and i shared the day in the forest when i found out Tatum was sick and that day i said to Theo that i would make sure Tatum has the best last few months she had left but I'm not sure if she did have the best last few months or i could've made them better.

I looked up at the clock on the wall and the time read '1:30 am' . London and Noah had fallen asleep in their aunts arms. Theo was still pacing up and down the hallway and Corey had sat down.

Before i met Theo and his family my days in Riverstone were all the same wake up got to school walk around the same places everyday because there is no where else to go in Riverstone then go home and do whatever, and the next day my day would go the same.

But since I met them I probably appeared happier and they feel like family to me. Family I never knew I had before meeting them.

And I feel like I have just lost a sister.