Chapter:18 Eighteen

Adalyn

Theo :Adalyn can you please meet me by the fountain, now please.

Adalyn : Why?

Theo : i will tell you can you please  come.

Adalyn : Okay I will be there.

"Adalyn can you believe it Corey asked me to be his girlfriend!" Kelly Jumped in excitement. The past few months have been something. Tatum passed away five months ago and it still feels like it was just yesterday.

Kelly and Corey have been hanging out a lot lately and Kelly has developed a crush on him and never stops talking about him. "I'm so happy for you two." I smiled at her.

She looked at me. "Addy, what's up with you and Theo?" She asked me. "What are you talking about. Nothing is up, we are just friends." I told her and she laughed.

"Who has been your best friend for thirteen years?" She asked me. "You have been." I replied. She held my face and looked me in the eyes. "I know you, Addy. The way you talk about him and the smile you make when you think about him is not the same way you would talk about a friend and it's not the same way you used to talk about him last year."

"I have to go meet him." I said while getting up from my bed. "You know I'm right." She smiled at me. "Maybe."I said." I have to go meet Corey aswell. We can go together. "She said and got up aswell.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wind blew my hair as I looked at Theo who was typing something on his phone. Maybe Kelly was right earlier. No.

I received a text from him and opened my phone.

Theo: Adalyn i have to tell you something. I am moving to another country my father's job has moved so we have to move.

My heart stopped.

Adalyn : What!?

Theo : We have already begun moving and I might never see you again for a long while. I'm sorry.

Adalyn : are you really moving?

Theo : yes.

I looked at him for a long while.

Adalyn :What about graduation aren't you going to stay until then.

Theo: No, I graduated early.

Adalyn : Can we spend one last day together before you go?

He nod. "How about we make a wish first since we are here anyways." I suggested and took out two pennies from my pocket and gave him one he looked at me and i looked at him our eyes met and I quickly looked away. "Let's make our wishes." I said.

I breathed in and held the penny up to my heart and closed my eyes. The wish I had made the night of the festival had come true.

I wish Theo does not forget me and our friendship we had these past ten months. I wished before tossing the penny into the fountain. I opened my eyes and Theo was looking at me a smile on his face.

It began raining not surprising with how much it's been raining in Riverstone lately.

Theo took my left hand and held it up then pointed at the bracelet he had given me the night at the hospital when Tatum had fainted months back. I have worn it everyday since and would not let anything happen to it.

The rain had drenched us completely. "How about we get out of the rain."I suggested and we got out of the rain and stood under shelter.

Than a thought came to me. If Theo is moving Corey probably has to move back to the city and. Kelly oh Kelly.

We stood still and looked at the distance. I began shivering from the rain having had drenched me and I think Theo noticed because he put an arm over my arm.

"I'm sorry the rain destroyed the last day we would see each other face to face and tomorrow this time you would be gone already." I sighed and he laughed.

I don't know how or when a little small gesture from Theo became very important to me and would make me turn red but lately any small thing he does is huge to me.